Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The horrible mishaps of a disappearing blog and almost identity.

I've been hacked and I was afraid my identity was in the verge of being taken.
The thing that made me the sadest was that my blog was erased. My heart fell as I saw the message saying my blog had been removed, and I could not get into my gmail account and my hot mail account had crazy messages being sent to my email contact for a whole month. I quickly changed my password for that and then didn't know what to do about my blog and gmail account. It made me sick and I told Josh that if it really is erased and gone, I will cry. This is four plus years of my little family and how we began. This is my journal, since I don't really journal write anymore.
Well, when I got home I wrote a letter to Google and was able to get it back. I felt like rejoicing and to be completely honest I even prayed that it would be given back to me. So finally yesterday my prayers were answered and I got an email and it said I was minutes away from getting it back.
YAAAAAA!!! It's back and I am completely excited and re-leaved. I know it may sound silly, but this whole blogging thing is kind of a big deal and a part of my life.
So HALLELUJAH!
To add onto identity theft too, Josh was noticing some wierd things going on with our bank accounts too, so he had to change all of our cards too. Who is this creep, I promise we aren't rich and we live a pretty normal life.
I am happy to say that I am still Shannan Nielson and have my life back! (At least the written part of the last 4 and some years). So just a word of precaution, make sure you don't have the same passwords for all your emails and computer things. It could have saved me some heartache. Also, change your passwords more regularly. I'm going to.
So I'm back and I will fill you in with our last month of excitement.

2 comments:

Richard and Camie said...

That is horrible Shannan! What a nightmare. I kept getting weird e-mails from my contacts so I just didn't click on the links. I am so happy to hear that everything is back!

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel