Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy BUZZ Birthday

Our little man turned 2 years old in the beginning of November. All week long I pumped him up for his..........BIG BUZZ BIRTHDAY! We had the grill going outside and I made it as Toy Story themed as I could. We had a great turn out of lots and lots of friends and family members that love James! We ate at our own 'Pizza Planet', had blue and green streamers with a banner that read 'Ready to Play' and had all the Toy Story characters on it. There was a sign that read"'Happy Birthday Space Ranger James! We played a fun game of army search in the yard, put Toy Story stamps on their little hands, played pin the tail on Bulls Eye and then....... Unwrapped presents. At first daddy had to show James that it was okay to rip the paper off. James became a pro after unwrapping so many awesome gifts. I have never seen a kid get so many presents of one character. Almost every gift he unwrapped was A BUZZ LIGHTYEAR or something having to do with Toy Story. He had a Buzz costume to wear, from his Nana, but the day of we couldn't find it anywhere. So he wore his batman cape instead. Some others who attended dressed like characters. James even new I was Jessie, the rootin tootin cowgirl.This is how it went: Daddy:" Okay James unwrap another gift". Someone hands him a gift. He tears it open and sees the gift. James: "A BUZZ" James smiles his big happy smile. Daddy: "Go say thank you". James:" Dang Do" James walks over and gives the person a hug for his gift. Then he returned back to the circle for another gift and repeated the same thing over again and again.James was so spoiled with Buzz things and just gifts in general. I know he was in toy heaven. He got4 Buzz figures, 2 Buzz jets and everything else Buzz you can think of. I made him a crib sized Buzz blanket that has silk on one side (James favorite) and is pretty warm. I also made him the BYU cape. He loves BYU football, at least he thinks he does because his daddy pumps him up about it. Then I made him some Buzz pants and an ABC photo book that includes pictures of him and everything he's done and likes in the last year. When it got dark, we headed inside for a pinata( couldn't find a Buzz one, so settled with this superhero that I labeled as JN (James Nielson). All the kids got a good swing at it, while trying to avoid any injuries with their swinging. Then we sang to James. And he had his Buzz Light-year ice-cream cake. I made it out of ice-cream and brownies. Buzz was on top of the crater/planet with one of his Toy Story friends. And the rest was a blue sky with colorful stars. It was a hit and very yummy.James just stared at the candle and cake and didn't bust out any huge smile, but was so excited to blow out the candle. It was so funny because he was trying to blow them out, but he wasn't blowing hard enough, so he yanked my head down to help him out. Then he and his friends helped take the candles out and be the first tasters. Of course James grabbed Buzz off first.
We had a ton of fun with all of our friends and family and I know that James had a completely fun filled day. I just want to thank everyone for coming and wishing him Happy Birthday. You made his day so special and without a doubt, he loved your present. Here's some of the silly's who attended:
Rachel was all decked out in her tutu for the evening too, thanks for loving her too, she was being loved and held by everyone. We feel the love and love all of you for loving us too.
That evening was a late one. We gave him the Toy Story 3 movie and he had never seen it, so some friends stayed to watch it with us. By 11:00 he was still up and running around yelling out Buzz and playing with all his new toys. I had the honor of finally putting him to bed, so I put on his new Buzz jammies, he drank his milk from his new Buzz sippy cup, he crawled into bed under his warm Buzz blanket and he made sure that all of his Buzz's were right there tucked in next to him.
The funniest part was when I went into check on him before I went to bed. I tip toed across his floor and pulled the blanket a little more over him. All of a sudden he opens his eyes and says "BUZZ" and goes right back to sleep. It was hilarious, he must of been dreaming of BUZZ too. Maybe he's a little obsessed, do you think? To James: Happy 2nd Birthday Baby James, you are such an amazing boy. You make your mommy so proud and happy. You bring joy and excitement to my life everyday. I love watching you grow and seeing you make choices and watching your personality really blossom. You are so perfect for me and I am so blessed to be your mommy. Thank you for loving me back and for making me feel so needed and loved. My favorite word that you say is "Momma" and some of my favorite things that you do at this age is giving me kisses on the lips, cuddling with me at night and putting your arm around my neck and stroking my hair while I read you a book or sing to you and I love it when you insist to hold my hand through your crib in attempts to put you to sleep. I love when you grab my hand and take me some place. I love when you say your prayers with my help- your favorite part about it is to say AMEN. I love when you say thank you to other people when I don't even tell you to. I love seeing you with baby Rachel(when you don't know I am watching) and seeing you give her a kiss and covering her with a blanket or showing her pictures from a book. I love your little body and how you are so lean everywhere and then your tummy sticks out. I just adore your little talk and how you try so hard to communicate. I love that you love people and play well with kids. I love coming into your room after a nap and hearing mommy, mommy and then picking you up and you just wrapping your arms around my neck and not letting go. I could go on forever, there is just everything to love about you. Love, your one and only momma who adores you more and more everyday.

1 comment:

Richard and Camie said...

Happy 2nd birthday James! What an awesome BUZZ birthday! You are so creative and what fun cute decorations!