Tuesday, December 14, 2010

James at 2 years old

James you are now such a big boy.
You have grown so fast and I look at you now and just can't believe how handsome you are.
You have such a fun little personality and you make us laugh all the time. You love playing with other kids and kids love playing with you because you play so nicely the majority of the time.
You adore your little sister and I love watching you when you don't know I am. You show baby sister pictures in books, you give her kisses all the time and you make sure she is warm when she doesn't have a blanket. I know she loves you already because she always smiles at you when you are talking to her. You always call her "baby" and make sure that she is involved in prayers too. When I ask who you want to pray you usually say mommy or daddy, but just recently you point to yourself and say "Ames." You will sometimes start the prayer by yourself and you are doing well repeating the one words of importance that I say. You are so quick to say Amen though.
You talk a lot, not any sentences, but lots of words. I love that you can communicate and let me know what you want. You always ask for juice, but that can mean juice, milk or water. You always say dang do after you eat and give mommy a hug. You have good manners even in public places- you usually say pease or dang do without me asking you to.
Here are some of your favorite things:
Buzz, reading and looking at pictures in books, drinking out of your sippie, stroller rides, park, blanky, dumping things out, your fort under the stairs, daddy, baby, moma, nana, grandma and grandpa, outdoors, playing with other kids, Toy Story and Land Before Time movies, toothpaste, candy, cheese, any kind of fruit, coloring, making messes for mommy to clean up, cuddles at night and holding hands, kisses, dancing, tickles, airplane rides, singing popcorn popping and ring around the rossy.
Words you say everyday:
Momma- (first thing in the morning), Dadda, Baby, Juice, Buzz, Pease, Dank Do, Hold, Hair, 
Things you do not like:
Almost every kind of vegetable, meat, blowing your nose, and sometimes diaper changing when it's poo-pee, when mommy tries to sit you on the toilet and you aren't interested (for the month of October you did awesome and didn't poo your pants for a few weeks- you were so interested and loved going on the potty. Now you aren't even interested and doesn't want anything to do with it.)
Things you do that I love:
You keep saying momma, momma, momma in the morning until I come and get you out of your crib. When you see me you stand up and put your arms up and I grab you. You wrap your little arms around me and for a moment let me hug and kiss you. I love the moments where you just don't let go.
I love when daddy comes home and you see him at the door. Your smile widens and you go running towards him. You give him a big hug and expect him to wrustle with you. Daddy takes you down to the ground and you just keep screaming and laughing for as long as daddy will last. You also love the pillow throwing game and the harder they throw it the better you like it. You have been taken down to the ground pretty hard.
I love it when you come into the bathroom while I am putting my makeup on and want to be right next to me on the counter. You always go through my bag and laugh when you pretend to put makeup on your face.
I love when you take baths with daddy or I and you want all your toys to join us too. It is a small tub, but you could care less. You just keep on asking "pease".
I think it is cute when you come up to me with a candy or something you want and say "Dang Do" as though I already said you could have it.
I totally like how you think Buzz is real and that he is your superhero. You take him everywhere and laugh or smile everytime you push his talking button. You taught yourself the Buzz lazer move and use it whenever someone is tackling you down or when we are playing.
I love how excited you get when we go to Mother Goose time at the library. You go onto the carpet and start dancing . You follow directions pretty well and love story time.
It is so cute  when I see you just sitting on the ground looking at a book for long periods of time.Sometimes you will just stare at the same picture for a good 5 minutes. I often wonder what is going on in that head of yours.
I LOVE everything about YOU

You are dear to my heart and I am just amazed at your growth and interest in learning new things. You really are a smart boy, you catch on really quickly and are very observant. I love you little stud! I especially love your hugs, kisses and when you say Momma. I love that my name is the first to be said usually when you wake up or get hurt. I will always love you and protect you hunny.

1 comment:

Richard and Camie said...

What a little stud muffin! He is growing up so much even since I saw him last in July! Hang in there with the potty-ing Jax did the same thing a couple times before he was really ready. You are such a great mommy and I love your letter to him!