Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Little Turkeys

Josh finally joined us once school was out and headed to Canada in a crazy storm. I kept telling him that I would rather have an alive husband than a dead one on the side of the road trying to see us faster. He missed us so much that he couldn't bare being away from us for any longer so he left regardless of the weather. Well I15 was closed off because of bad roads and he had to stay the night in Pocatello. I was sad I couldn't see him sooner, but also releaved that he was forced to be safe. He said he was driving 10 mph on the highway the majority of the time. Well instead of it only taking him 12 hours it took him 16 hours. Poor guy, but I know we were worth it. We were so excited to see him, we had a poster up and all flocked to him when he drove up. He couldn't keep his hands off me and we both agreed it was way to long being apart from each other.
We were super busy that whole week, so my mom made a turkey dinner for us that Saturday night. It was yummy. Thanks mom for going all out for us Americans. That same weekend we had a Leavitt Reunion/ Christmas party. We went water sliding the first night, then had taco soup and hot dogs. Then watched a slide show of Wallace Leavitt ( grandpa) life. What a great man, I just love him and miss him.
The following day we had breakfast with all the relatives (ones I had not seen for years), we played games, told stories, watched skits and did a white elephant gift exchange. The Leavitt's can get a bit feisty during this game. Josh and I did go home with one good gift- Dr. Seuss game for the kids (brand new). I am really proud to be part of Wallace and Helen's posterity, they have really been great examples of hard work and strong testimony. I remember how much they loved us and how they would spend time with us. My favorite memory of them is going to the farm, seeing Grandma in the kitchen and Grandpa out working. We loved the barn, the rabbits and the horses best. The fishing pond was a big hit too. But most of all I am just glad they raised my dad the way they did. My dad reminds me a ton of grandpa, and I really look up to both of them.

No comments: