Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Joy making Jackolanterns

James had a blast being a helper with the jackolantern carvings. He sure thought the coolest part was gutting all the yuckies out of the inside and getting dirty. Every night he wants them lit up. He will take the tops off and hand me the candle.I love how much joy he gets from something so simple and fun for me too. Here's the fun we had: I think the pictures will tell you about our exciting night, carving our cool pumpkins with our friends, the Galambs.
Daddy helped poke and cut out the lid, while mommy and big guy gutted and got gooey. Daddy stayed away from the slimmys, he thinks it nasty and just gives him the he-bee-gee-bees. I did most of the cutting out of our pumpkins with a little help from Shambray.
Here is our overall production of scary jackolanterns carved, cleaned and lit. James' favorite one was the bat, I think it is because it reminds him of Batman, plus it's easy for him to say "BAT" too.
Thanks Alex and Shambray for your creativity, company and fun. All of our pumpkins turned out way cool.

2 comments:

Shambi-Galambi said...

It was SO fun!
I'm glad we did it. James was the best helper. But sadly our pumpkins look awful now, I think it was the rain. So next year I might try the fake pumpkins that way they last. Thanks for posting our picture, so I could steal it!

Richard and Camie said...

Love the pumpkins, so fun!