Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rachel at 2 months

How time has flown by with our little Rachel bug. It seems like yesterday when she was born. To me she still seems so tiny, yet as I look at her birth pictures I have to step back into reality and notice just how big she is now in comparison. She even smiles when she hears my voice. She loves when I coo and sing to her or get right in her face and adore her with cute little baby talk. I love her pucker lips and when she smiles she is so beautiful and just melts my heart. I totally enjoy getting her dressed and accessorizing her. Flowers are one of my favorites, I keep making more and more, just because they are so easy and fun to put on her.
Just look at those cute little rolls, I call her my little chunky monkey. I love squeezing those legs and just kissing her cute little lips. She is so kissable, oh and those cheeks, don't get me started.
Our little cutie is so alert when she is awake. She is still sleeping the majority of the day, yet when she is awake she likes to check out her surroundings by using her strong neck and look around. Yet, she seems to stare at the ceiling or walls a lot too, maybe she sees something we can't.
Rachel definitely likes to be comfortable. If she isn't she will let us know and all we have to do is move her or hold her and she will indicate comfort by falling asleep fast. I have found that her favorite place to sleep is in her daddy or mommy's arms. She loves laying on our chest or right next to us. She just loves physical warmth and touch. She isn't sleeping through the night yet, but did an amazing 5 hours last night. She is doing better week by week, so I hope she continues. Usually when it is time for bed, I lay her in her bassinet (which is right next to my bed) laying on her tummy, since that is the only way she will sleep comfortably (but don't worry she is right next to me and I check on her during the night too). Then when she wakes I nurse her laying down and usually fall asleep doing it. Next thing you know it's time to wake up because she ready to be fed hours later again. Rachel prefers sleeping right next to me anyways (and I always place a pillow so I can't roll or move onto her) and I love cuddling with her too, so I treasure these moments. She is a total cuddle bug.
She's still pretty good at nursing, besides the inturuptions for gas and digestion. I have to burp her almost every 10 minutes or so and she is really good at letting me know when that time is.Whenever I go walking or need to use both hands I place Rachel in this sling. She doesn't make a peep the whole time. Rachel loves being nestled in tightly in a ball right next to me, moving to every move I make. I think it reminds her of being in the womb. Yet, she doesn't prefer being swaddled. Aunt Lindsey came to meet Rachel and go to conference. Lindsey wasn't quite sure what to do when she started crying, but she did get some snuggle time with her.

2 comments:

Linz said...

She's adorable shan! You have such a cute family.

Richard and Camie said...

She is such a dollie Shannan! Don't you love those cuddly moments in bed and nursing. She is so precious, happy 2 months Rachel!