Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Feeling Lucky

St. Patricks day will always be a special day for us. Last year on St. Patricks day was the day we found out I was pregnant with Baby James. I remember the night before I had boughten a pregnancy test just in case. Josh was out of town and I didn't want to get my hopes up so I waited until Sunday, which was St. Patricks day to take the test. I had missed my monthly visitor for about 4 days so I took the test and sure enough it was positive. Since I was at home by myself I remember being so excited and just screaming for joy and then getting on my knees and saying thank you to God. All morning I prepared a surprise way to tell Josh when he got home. I went to pick him up in Nephi and was in an extra good mood. When he walked through the door he saw a little savenger hunt that he had to read and than follow the directions. It refered to St. Patricks day and why I was so LUCKY to have him in my life. As he went from living room to kitchen to bathroom and than to our bedroom he started to tear up at the last one. It read the following: He couldn't believe that we were pregnant. After he read it, he opened a box that had the piece of paper "DADDY'S LITTLE LEPRICHAUN" wrapped around the positive pregnancy test. We both hugged eachother in tears. We were truly lucky to be pregnant with our little man last year. This year we feel extreemly lucky to have him with us everyday. We smile more and more with him as he is learning how to communicate with us. He is our little leprichaun. Happy St. Patricks day to all of you and I hope that you all can find many ways in which you are lucky. I am also lucky to have such an amazing husband who loves being a daddy and loves me so much too. 4 MONTH CHECK-UP Sweet Baby James had his 4 month check up and he did not enjoy the shots at all. I always hate holding his legs down and letting them prick him with the needles. Once they finish I just swoop him up in my arms and craddle him and tell him everythings going to be okay. I felt so bad for him, because that evening he ran a fever and didn't seem to be himself. So I placed a cool wet washcloth on his forhead and just let him hang out with me, until he fell asleep in my arms. Now James is not much of a cuddler (sad, I know), so I knew he was not feeling completley well and he was hardly drinking any milk. I loved cuddling with him and just spent my precious time next to him, letting him know his momma loved him. I think all moms would agree- We hate seeing our little ones sick or hurt and all we ever want to do is make them feel better. Length: 25 in- 55% Head: 43 cm -75% Weight: 15 lbs 10oz - 75%(Josh was disappointed I didn't feed him right before we went in so he would hit the 16 lbs mark) I love my baby James, yesterday he rolled over on his own 3 times. I tried to get him to do it again today- no success. James is continually having baby talk conversations with me and I just love it. Mommy and baby times are my highlights through out the day.

4 comments:

jo said...

You left the nicest comment on my blog, thanks!! Well this post made me get all teary! Especially the part about finding out you were pregnant. You and your hubby's love is a great reminder to all of what marriage and love is supposed to be.

Lacey said...

Shots are always so sad :( But they do give you great cuddle time! He is such a doll and we are all so happy that he made it here safe and sound! Love you guys!

Weight Family said...

Super cute! I cannot believe he is already 4 months old.

lynz said...

i hate shots! i just took beckam in for his 2 month ones, and it was hard not to well up with tears myself! he has already gotten so big since christmas - sooo cute :)