Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Body for Life Challenge

Well, Josh and I have started doing the BODY FOR LIFE challenge just a few days ago. We have been contemplating the idea of getting into shape and have finally decided to do it. We want to live a long life, be healthy, feel good, look good and have lots of energy for our family(especially baby James right now). We have been quite dedicated to the eating and workout part. Ya, it's been tough just getting out of our rutt and not eating sugar. I have always had such a sugar tooth and love chocolate so much. So now I have to just wait until my free day. The eating part totally makes sense. I have been putting so much crap and unhealthy junk into my body and sometimes it just made me feel sluggish. Eating the right foods already has given me more energy and I just feel so much more healthy. As for the working out- WOW! I started up taking it easy, just because it has been so long since I have worked out, but today during cardio I seriously thought I was going to throw up and fall off the treadmill. For the cardio training, it only lasts a short 20 minutes, but it kicks your butt. I came home with sore legs and abbs just from running. I really like how you don't have to spend long hours at the gym, but that you can get such a hard workout in such a short amount of time. While I was running at the fastest speed for 1 minute, I felt like giving up and just stopping, but I had to refocus and just give it all I had. I can see why people get in shape this way- it hurts!! Well I am telling you all that I am doing Body for Life so that I have to keep my word and not give up. I am going to do this and get in the best shape of my life. I want to be confident about my body, I want to feel good, but most of all I want to be able to be an active mother with my son and family. I CAN DO IT!! I'VE GOT THE POWER! We eat 6 meals a day and have learned about portion size (the size of your fist)for protein, carbs and veggies. Tonight I was creative and made some yummy wheat bread. Along with that I made a heart shaped pizza (wheat crust, salsa, chicken, onions and cheese- all appropriate according to Body for Life) for the 2 men I love in my life. Josh and I just have to be strong and stick to it. It is worth it and we are worth it. We will be healthy and lean in 12 weeks.

No comments: