Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Elite Woman

Emma Smith is an elite woman. I just had all the Mia Maids over for Tuesday night activites and we watched the movie, Emma Smith- My Story. Emma was such an amazing and incredible woman. I was in tears watching her struggle with the loss of so many children. She was so brave and strong. As I thought about all the hardships and trials she went through with Joseph, I kept asking myself if I was as strong as her. I wish I could say I was. I do seek to become like her in many aspects of my life, yet realize I have fallen many times too. She is definalty an insperation to me. I look at Emma and Joseph's life and realize all that they did was to bring about the gospel and to stand up to what they believed. I know that Joseph was a true prophet and that the Book of Mormon is another testimant of Christ and that it is true words from Christ's mouth. I am so happy to have the gospel in my life and to be living in this day and age, where the gospel has reached many. I pray that I will live a life of service, love, kindness and that I will make God proud. I know there are so many aspects in my life that I need to improve in to become better, yet I also know that I am happy that I have the Savior on my side every single day, despite the challenges that come our way. I pray that I will live a life like Emma, who persisted through challenges the best she knew how to.

No comments: