Thursday, February 3, 2011

The End of 2010

To Brianhead We Go...
We headed to  Brianhead the day after Christmas to spend time with Josh's older brother and his awesome family. It was freezing up there. Oh my gosh, it snowed about 2 feet and snow plows where everywhere. Well we spent a lot of our time in the cabin with the niece and nephews. We spent one night making gingerbread houses. We had a competition and Benny and mine won most creative. Ours is the second from the left, we did a two story town house. James spent most of his time eating candy and going from lap to lap.
 
It has been almost 10 years since I last went skiing, and I am proud to say that I did it and did pretty good considering it has been so long. It was a total blast and I forgot about the adrenaline that rises when you are on top of that mountain looking down. I love the power (or no power) you have when you take off, not knowing where the slope leads or what you will be approaching but just going. It is the snow that is underneath you that you trust or just hope you can keep in control when sliding on top of it. I will admit that my heart kind of skips a beat when I get going way fast, but I just pretend I have complete control and then it seems like I can keep in control better. The first day I went I felt like I caught on so easily, but the next day after the huge snowfall, with a few feet of snow and POWDER everywhere was a big challenge.I just went with Jason, Chan and Carter who are pretty good and seemed to slow everyone down as they would be down at the bottom and I would just be taking my gay old time, being buried under the powder and loosing control. Even though it was way harder and slower, it was a blast. I love snowing and really want to do more of it. We love Brianhead and are so excited Jason and Melissa bought a cabin so we can spend more time there. I just adore these two. They are the most giving, unselfish, loving and accepting people and I am so spoiled being apart of their family. I always feel super comfortable and welcomed around them, plus they know how to have fun.
 Rachel loved Chase and wasn't at all scared of him (or is that just because I have complete control over what she does and where she is?). Her and James cuddled next to the fireplace with this amazing, well trained and friendly dog. One day I really want to get a dog for James, he gets so excited around them and I just can imagine them being best buds.
 

With all the fun we had, eating good grub, playing games and just talking, we encountered terrible nights- probably the worst I have ever experienced. First night I had a crying baby, she wasn't loving the ground and new place. And of course when a baby is crying in a cabin, you don't let them cry it out, so I had her next to me for the majority of the night, not sleeping at all. It was a tough night with James too, he would wake up and crawl into bed with us. When he sleeps he is everywhere- snuggling with you one minute, then his feet end up at your head the next. That night seemed bad, but the next night measured up too. Josh was struggling to breath up there. The elevation was way high and he couldn't adjust. Thus, he ended up scaring me and taking a bath, with cracking noises coming from his lungs, vomiting and just feeling awful and looking like death. He couldn't bare it any longer so we took off the next afternoon and right when we got off the mountain he felt fine. It's crazy what elevation can do to him, we gotta figure something out for him, so our future fun is not ruined. Any suggestions?
Happy New Years!!
New Years Eve was a whole lot different for us this year........
Early New Years Eve was fun with the kiddo's, we went to our favorite ice cream shop- Cold Stone and chowed down. James was loving it- saying "Ice (slurring an s at the end) Ceam" over and over again. He thoroughly  loves ice cream, just like his mama. 
Cake batter ice cream with raspberries and graham crackers-my favorite, unless I am wanting chocolate, then it is cake batter with brownie and camel. 
Yummy! My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.
Am I a bad mom?
I totally let Rachel have her first taste of sugar. I mean I wanted her to have some yummies too.
I couldn't leave her out- right?
Don't be jealous......But at 11:30 pm I left my hubby at home and headed to Salt Lake to pick up my parents from the airport- what better time to fly in, but at midnight on New Years. 
So I watched the clock and at 11:59 I called the love of my life and guess what I hear right next to me, his phone ringing. 
So at midnight on New Years Eve I was talking to his voice mail. Oh it's a great start for a new year. 

Looking Back at the top 5 things that happened in 2010:
#1. RACHEL MARIE was born healthy and has brought so much joy and love to our home every single day she has been with us.

#3. Amber (my sis) had Channing Michael- a miracle all of us prayed for after 3 years of trying.
#4. Josh did his student teaching for Seminary and LOVED it and stuck with school.
#5. James growing into a toddler, he really is a super good boy who makes us laugh with the things he does and the small words he says. His Buzz birthday was a huge highlight, as well as Christmas as he understood more of what was going on and his excitement to bring the magic into these short 24 hour moments of joy.
All in all, the greatest things that happened this year includes being able to go home where I know I am loved, appreciated and needed. 
I have grown stronger having 2 children and going through the hard and sometimes questionable journey of getting Josh through school. We know it will pay off.
So our story continues, who knows what it will bring. 
So here we go into a new year unaware of what may come.......

1 comment:

Amber and Brad said...

Aww, we made it on to your top 5 things that happened last year? That is so sweet, I actually got teary eyed as I read that. You are too cute! Love you