Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rachel at 6 months

My little angel is half a year today. 
Where did this time go? 
Sometimes I wish I could freeze the time and just take it in even more than I already do.
Rachel, sweetheart, you are the happiest baby I have ever seen. 
You squeal whenever you are tickled and just have the cutest, BIGGEST smile. 
You love sitting up all by yourself.
You drool a ton all the time and you totally suck your cute little thumb.
It is the cutest thing seeing you just go to town sucking your dainty little finger. I love it.
You love rice cereal and have just started eating your veggies. You don't seem to like the green beans much, but like squash and mixed veggies a lot. I really hope you are a vegetable liker. You are a messy eater and love to grab the spoon while it is entering your mouth.

Your hands are always moving and grabbing for anything you can get your hands on. 
Anything that you can grab goes right to your mouth.
Just today you grabbed for some candy I was eating and once I moved it away from you, you started crying as if I had just hurt you or something. You love food and I can tell that you want to try anything that anyone else is eating now. You don't like being left out.
You are so good at pushing your upper part off of the floor and rolling. You don't roll a ton, but once in a while. But you do get fussy if your on your front side for to long. 
You still love being held more than anything else. 
You love your big brother so much. You get so excited when he comes and lays next to you or gives you any kind of attention.Whenever you cry he is so sweet and always gives you his Buzz blanket or dinosaur, trying to sooth you.
 You really like music and when I sing. 
Right before I lay you down I always sing "I am a child of God" or "Angels Above" and then give you a big kiss and tell you just how much I love you.
This month, these little lace leggings have been my favorite thing on you. Your little rolly legs look so so cute in them. You have totally figured out your feet, and am not quite sure what they do, but you love grabbing them and will even suck your bare toes sometimes. It's hilarious.
You also have taken on one of daddy's traits. 
His tongue biting when he is focusing. 
You totally bite your tongue sometimes when you are focusing too(or is it just that you have found your tongue and you like the feeling of it?)We will find out later on I guess.
You had Nana as your first babysitter this month, it was the first time away from Mommy.
Nana said you did so well. You took a bottle wonderfully and were happy until you got overly tired. 
Nana always tells us you are so beautiful and just loves staring and holding  you.
You are finally sleeping through the night!
HALLELUJAH!!
Since you now have your own room and aren't sleeping right next to me in your bassinet, you have finally had to learn to cry it out and am now awesome at sleeping. 
You usually sleep around 8 hours on average, it is so nice for your mama. 
You still nurse every 3 hours and you are a pro.
You are BEAUTIFUL in every way!! 
And I am totally in love with you.

Baby girl,
I hope you always know just how special and dear you are to me. You are my angel baby and I look forward to your smile every single morning and I just love love how attached you are to me.You make everyday simply worth it and I feel so blessed to have you as mine!
I'll love you forever 
I'll like you for always
As long as eternity my baby you'll be.
xoxox 
Your Mama
(P.S a few of these are taken with my new camera, but I have not photo shopped or editted any yet. I am seriously just trying to figure out this high tech camera that is freaking awesome. It's one step at a time.)

5 comments:

melinda said...

Adorable! I love the lace leggings. She is so beatiful Shannan!

Alicia said...

I'm loving those leggings. She is a doll, Shan.

Amber Holt Photography said...

Aww I am so incredibly in love with this little girl! What a cutie.. I just want to give her hugs and kisses, so make sure you do it for me.
Love you guys!

Briann said...

she is so so cute! I hope we can get together soon! You always have her dressed adorably!

Richard and Camie said...

She is so precious! I love love love those lace leggings! Sounds like you have a thumb sucker on your hands too, isn't it so cute:)