Saturday, February 12, 2011

James' Quotables and Notables

This boy cracks me up!!
There are so many times I hit myself for not writing down something awesome he did or said. 
These are what I remember:
Just the other day James and I went on a date to the library and store. The church is right across the street from the library and he points to it and says "chuch". Then he pointed to the library and said "ibary". He knows exactly where to go when we get there. He never misses getting a stamp and always places his hand down on the counter, points to the one he wants and says "Peas" and Tank Do". While searching for books, I usually grab a bunch I think he will like and then have him look through them and tell me yes or no. It is crazy that the ones he wanted dealt with things he has watched- DINO's (of course- his latest obsession), 101 Dalmatians, Bambi and Buzz.  He reads these with or without us. He just gets lost in books, I love it. 
In the last week, whenever we are reading fiction or non-fiction James will say "nice" or "mean" for each dino and he is 100% correct most of the time about each one. His favorite by far is T-Rex. He constantly "RARRrr's" where ever we go.
For instance when we went to Walmart to go grocery shopping, we were down an isle and there was a couple passing us. All of a sudden I see James look at them and let out a huge :Rarrr! They looked at me and I just said "He's totally into dinosaurs". They smiled and growled back at him a few times. He loved it.
 
 There is a book we have read almost every night (his preference) for the past week and James is now reading it with me. It's called "How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You". He yells out the last word on every page. It is priceless. Yet, the cutest part is the last page when I say " And that's how a dinosaur says I Love......" and he says "Me" (when it is really YOU).
Today I had him sit at the table, I gave him his food and after he said his little prayer(with my help) he took a bite and smiled and said "Yummy Mama." 
Another thing he says a lot is "Hold Me" as he stretches out his arms and looks at me. Sometimes it is when I have Rachel in my hands too and very inconvenient, yet I try to find someway to hold both of them. James isn't the biggest cuddler (besides at bedtime) so I take any cuddles I can during the day.
His favorite songs are Jesus (Jesus once was a little child) and God song (Child of God). All he says is a word and I know which one he wants. He points to the ceiling and says stars when he wants Twinkle Twinkle little star. Whenever we have FHE, he loves loves Ring around the Rosie and usually ends up on the ground before we even reach Ashes Ashes We All Fall Down. Then he says "Again, again" every time we finish. He always makes sure we include baby too, I hold Rachel and he holds her hand. 
Lately when he says his prayer I will start it out by saying "Dear Heavenly Father" and he seems to always say "Buzz". Each time I try, this is the only word he doesn't repeat correctly. Maybe it is a complement to our Father, since James still thinks Buzz is one of the coolest things around. Hopefully our Father in Heaven has a sense of humor. 
I just love this stage of learning and reactions.
James is the BOMB!!! He ROCKS!!

1 comment:

Richard and Camie said...

What a special little man he is! I love the roaring at walmart....priceless:)