Saturday, July 25, 2009

Leavitt Family Adventures in British Columbia

Every single year my family goes on a family summer trip together. This year everyone, except Stacy and here family, were able go to British Columbia, Canada. We estimated that Josh, James and I traveled 4,000 miles in all this trip. Lets just say, we are not very fond of driving in the car anymore. Our first stop was in Penticton. We were able to stay at Brad's (my brother in laws)parents cabin right off the lake.
We were able to go to the beach. James probably downed a few tablespoons of sand. It was almost impossible stopping that boy, while still letting him enjoy himself. Yum.....Yum We were able to work on our tan, swim a bit, walk around, talk and just relax with the ones we love. My poor little fare skinned son, I had to plaster him with sunscreen. Since we weren't all together for my my birthday or my dad's we all went out to eat to celebrate. We ate at one of the well known restaurants- Salty's (seafood). This is me and my fabulous family, that I love so much.
Josh, James(sleeping) and Me( AKA Birthday Girl)
Lindsey and Mom
Me, Brad and Amber
Dad (AKA birthday boy) and Mike
This is all of us stuffed and full, just chilling in the cabin. This is the place for the best cherries ever. We went to Brad's brothers house and were able to pick as many cherries as we wanted to. They had like 5 different kinds and they were deliciously tasty. Dad bought 10 for later and they were gone in less than 2 days. That just shows you how much we love eating them. They are like candy, you just can't stop.
We also got to take this baby for a drive. Dad drove and he had a ton of fun racing. I have never seen dad drive so fast and crazy in my life. It was a super fast car and it was dang good looking too.
James even got his turn. Doesn't he look like a total stud behind the wheel?
A special shout out to my Mother and Father: THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING IT A PRIORITY TO GET OUR FAMILY TOGETHER TO GO ON BIG TRIPS EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
THANKS FOR SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON US, LOVING US, BEING THE GREATEST GRANDPARENTS TO BABY JAMES, FOR FEEDING US, DRIVING US, LISTENING TO US, LAUGHING WITH US, FINDING INTEREST IN US, SUPPORTING US and just for always making us feel like we are your biggest PRIORITY in life.
WE LOVE YOU AND ARE FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT.
THANKS, these memories are always with us and so are you!
XOXOXOOX

1 comment:

Stacey said...

It looks like you had such a great time with your family! We miss you already! We need to plan a time to get together soon!!! Are you all settled??