Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

It was my first Mother's day. Once a mother, always a mother. How my day went: James woke me up at 7:00 Sunday morning, I didn't get to sleep in because he was so eager to spend time with me and let me know how much he loved me. I fed him, then I did hand and foot prints in black paint for his 6 months mark. Got ready in a hurry and was off to 8:30 church. I wish I could say we were on time, yet we weren't. Then I was able to go to Relief Society, since the Young Womens were all teaching for the teachers of primary as a gift to them. It was really nice, to be surrounded by women and to get that spiritual uplift that was definatly needed. My friend, Erin, tought and it was so great and inspiring. The greatest thing I learned was that we are all going through some type of trial, and that we must lean on God during hard times, because he is the only one who will help us feel at peace and let us know that "this too will pass". When we went home daddy and James gave me a sweet, thoughtful card and Josh listed 100 reasons why he loved me. I loved it, I was quite surpised at all the effort of thoughtfulness that went into his list. The first ten went as follows.. 1. You love God 2. You love James 3. You love me 4. You love kids 5. You love my family 6. You love the scriptures 7. You love making people feel good 8. You love to cook 9. You love to be outside 10. You love to laugh The list made me feel so special and that all that I do spend my life doing and all that I am is worth it. Thanks hunny for your sweet words. I love you!!He also gave me red roses- my favorite. Then I spent time with my little guy, and then went over to Josh's families house for a picnic at a park. It was so great, being around the people I love. We had a great time eating, visiting, playing with the kids in the park and just hanging out. These are the beautiful women I shared Mother's day with. James went in a swing for the first time, he loved it- he just smiled and laughed the whole time. His cousin, Molly, supported him the whole time. There are so many great mom's out there and I am so happy to be a mother now to James and all my other children waiting to come down and join our family. There is nothing better then being a mother and a wife to these two amazing boys.

2 comments:

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Hey my blog went private!! Send me your email if you wanna be my friend!!

briannamallen80@yahoo.com

Jen & George Scott said...

Hey Shanny - it was so much seeing you on Sat. James is so darling. We need to get together soon again k!!!