Thursday, May 7, 2009

James at 6 months

Today marks the half way mark to one years old. I can not beieve it, time is just going by way to fast and I am so amazed at how big my little son is. No longer is he my little infant, but he is my little boy. Growing from 5 months to 6 months has been the time that I have seen the biggest changes and his development abilities. James is doing big boy things now. He learned how to sit up all by himself. There was about a week where we were holding his back for support, but he grasped it so quickly. He sat up very steady and with no help at all about a week before he turned 6 months he was sitting. I am so proud of him. While he sits, he loves to grab anything around him in his sight and puts it directly in his mouth. I think he is teething. I can not feel the teeth coming through, but he seems to love to chomp on anything he can get his hands on. Moreover, he is holding his bottle on his own. He is so funny when he does it because he will put it in his mouth then pull it out, fuss abit , then repeat it again and again. Yet when he is really hungry he drinks it up so fast. I have no doubt that he will eat like a Nielson, he already has a great appetite. I have been feeding him rice cereal, oatmeal and stage 1 baby food. His favorites are the fruit and of course mashed up bananas. Sometimes I am not fast enough at feeding him and he will fuss until I get it in his mouth. He barely gives me enough time to scoop another spoonful of food. He is not a picky eater at all. He will eat anything, and he is always grabding and staring at what mommy is eating. Slow down tiger... At his 6 month doctors appointment he measured the following: Weight: 16 lbs 15 oz @50% Lenght: 27 1/2 in @ 90 % YAAA! Head: 44 cm @ 65% Josh and I were all excited about his height. We really want him to be tall. Since we are both pretty tall, he has good chances. He rolls over quite abit and seems to enjoy doing it especially when we are not looking. It has scared me a few times when he's in the crib because of the railings around it. He is a total mover and doesn't sit still too often. He pivits while laying on his stomach. Our big guy is a little babbler and loves to baby talk. It is so much fun having a conversation with him. His tones change and he laughs like crazy when he gets tickled.Sometimes I think he says certain words, but they are just mummbles, but he is saying vowel consonant combinations. He wrestles with daddy and continues to do his balancing act and superman stance. Daddy is always showing him off. James sleeps pretty good through the night, yet for a few weeks he got back into the habit of waking up at 2 or 4 a.m to eat. Mommy and daddy took turns feeding, yet mommy was always up at 6 or 7 to feed him no matter what before she had to go to work. He is still drinking quite abit, like 6-8 oz per meal. I am finding it a little harder to produce as much because life sometimes gets so busy that I forget to pump every three hours. James has become even funner in the tub as he kicks his little legs, smiles and loves to feel the water on his boby and doesn't care if water goes on his face. I know he is going to love swimming, I can't wait to take him this summer. He is picking up toys, papers or anything that is around him. He really likes paper as it makes a lot of noise and he places it right in his mouth and loves the sound of tearing. He is so much fun to watch because he is so intense as he always make manly grunts when placing anything in that mouth of his. James now notices when things are taken away and will sometimes cry. Our little cutie is so good with people. He will go to anyone and I just love that. He loves children as small as him or a little older. I think he feels like they are more his age and can relate with their size. I think he is going to keep his blue eye color. I think his eyes are one of his strongest features. They are such a dark deep bluish, greyish color and they are so stunning and beautiful. James you make my life so exciting and worth while, thanks for being so wonderful and for being our dream baby.

No comments: