Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another great year teaching, came and gone...

Graduates of 2009 I just finished teaching my 2nd year of 3rd grade. I had such a great time teaching these amazing individuals who I grew to love so much. Each of them have so much to offer and I am so proud of them and all their successes and hard work that they put into my class. Having to go back half time was actually quite nice as it allowed me to get up in the morning early and to start my day and be with James for the rest of the time. It really worked perfectly. I have learned so much from this group of kids. They have tought me patience, kindness, love and how to be a better teacher. It was an honor being their teacher and having Mr. Hartman as my team teacher. We worked so well together and I love that both of us loved the children the same and put in our best self while teaching. I know our students will do amazing things and be the leaders we tought them to be. Congratulations on graduating 3rd grade. I will miss you, but will remember you. The last week of school I gave each student a stuffed animal to remember me by and to use it as a way to receive a hug from me. Everyday I would get hugs from almost all the students and everyday I reminded them how much I loved them and cared for them. I call them my kids, just because I want the best for them and love them too.
The last day of school, after my 3rd grade graduation the teachers had a lunch-in with all the staff and got a little gift. It was Hawaian day too. These are the amazing people I work with at Liberty Academy. I feel so blessed to be part of such an amazing group of teachers and individuals. Second year being an educator and still loving the kids, curriculum and teaching at Liberty Academy Charter School.

1 comment:

T Daley said...

You are the BEST 3rd grade teacher ever!