Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our little guys first week of life

One of our little guys favorite things to do is be swaddled. He loves the warmth and just being tightly cuddled and cozy. He is one big cuddler. He just snuggles right up to anyone at any time. I love the precious moments of cuddling with him. Poor little James has had a bottom rash. So in the mornings we open the blinds and let the sun in. We air out his bare bum and it is said to help with jondice too. He had a little right when he came home from the hospital, but now he is all cleared up. I think James is so funny sometimes, especially at feeding time. He gets so frusterated about latching on and will squiel like a little piglet. It is so cute, yet funny to watch. Or when he has a dirty diaper, he will let everyone know. I know it may sound a little crazy, but ya I did throw a week old party for him, with just Josh, mom and myself. I had to, it was just so wild that a week had passed so fast. Our Snoozer Our poser and Eddie Munster look-a-like (cute little vampire baby) Our deep thinker after a successful feeding. Proud Mommy and Daddy

8 comments:

Kira said...

super cute. I love his hairline!

JethRobyn said...

He is so cute. He has already changed so much in his first week. You are a glowing and beautiful new mama Shan. This motherhood thing suits you so well. And we all know Josh is LOVING being a dad. Congrats again guys.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby!! You guy's look so happy with your little man.
Thanks for posting some pics, I was hoping you would =)

You look absolutely beautiful shan! Isn't motherhood amazing.

love ya
chantelle

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Soo cute! I love that you gave him a little birthday party!! Too bad he couldn't eat that doughnut!!!

LindsayB said...

congrats! he's just perfect. enjoy every minute because they grow up way too fast. and love the name of course. our james is james wilson, almost the same! hope you're feeling good and getting some sleep.

Lacey said...

Happy one week Baby James!! We are so glad that you are here and cannot wait to meet you!! I also so so so love the picture of him sleeping naked in the window. He is definitely a Nielson boy...loves to be naked! We love you guys!

Cassie said...

Shannan- you amaze me!! That's all I have to say.

Richard and Camie said...

What a handsome little guy! He is soooo cute! I hope you got the gift for James. I left it on your porch I don't have your number or I would have called first! Congrats and happy 1st week James!