Saturday, November 1, 2008

For the love of the Game

Josh just had his last day of coaching tonight. He has been helping coach the Salem Sky Hawk team. They are a brand new school this year and therefore had to basically start from scratch. Since FOOTBALL is Josh's favorite sport, he loved coaching the teenage boys. Almost everyday there was a new story and I could tell that he just loved working with the young boys, and had hopes to influence them for good. I look up to my husband for the man he is. He is so involved in other peoples lives and has pure excitment for little things. He is a leader in so many ways and he continually teaches me to always love my elementary students no matter what, because in all reality that is what they will remember as the years go by. Even though his team did not come out on top, I know that Josh will persue his dream of one day being a head coach for a football team. GO TEAM GO!! I have never met anyone who is such a diehard for football. Football is his passion and he thrives for it. It's so funny watching him watch a game, because his whole body gets into it and he is so intense about the plays. Currently, the love of my game is teaching my team of third graders. I have been feeling great and still have the synergy for all my hyper 8 and 9 year olds. I love teaching and find it so rewarding. Teaching young children in surly a passion of mine. I have great kids this year and just love them to death. They always give me hugs at the end of the day and now my tummy is being implanted with kisses as the days go by. They are so excited that I am having a baby soon, it is a continual countdown. Now we are at 13 days away. I have become a little stressed out, knowing that I need to get all my lesson plans done before I go into labor, so I am not doing them in the hospital. Thus, my plan is to teach until I am actually going into labor or until my actual due date. Yet, I must be prepared, because so many people have told me their stories of going early. The biggest change I am encountering is my ability to sleep and be comfortable. I will admit that having a big huge ball in the middle of my waist is not always the most pleasant. My poor husband hears me get up in the middle of the night like 3-4 times. I guess my body is just getting us prepared for when our son will be waking up every 3 hours to be fed. Ready or not, Baby James will come when he pleases. This countdown of 13 days may be correct, to late or to early. No one really knows, it is just a guess in reality. I want him to come when he wants, even if he is late. I would rather him come late then be induced. (This is just one of my preferences, unless he was like 2 or more weeks late, then I would be concerned).

2 comments:

Barry and Rochelle said...

Hooray! I've been following your progress for awhile now, but I didn't realize that i had never left a comment so that you could find us! We live in Ann Arbor, Michigan where Barry is going to law school at the University of Michigan. Baby Jude is almost 6 months old now - he was a caterpillar for Halloween, I was a Butterfly and Barry was a butterfly catcher! It was so much fun.

You look so fantastic! I, on the other hand, was a freakin house. I was sick for most of my pregnancy but I worked until the day of. Jude came about a week late and was 8 lbs. 11 oz. Unfortunately, like my mom and 2 older sisters, I never dilated past a 4 and because of the stress on the baby, they had to take him by emergency c-section. It was very scary, but everything was just fine in the end. Jude is happy and healthy and we love him!

So great to hear from you, we'll keep checking back.

Kira said...

When is that baby coming?