Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Nielson CALIFORNIA TRIP 2008

Every year since I have joined the Nielson clan, we have had a BIG NIELSON SUMMER GET AWAY TO SAN CLAMENTA, CALIFORNIA. It is always such a blast. This year everyone could not come, yet that still left us with about 15 bodies in the beach house. We missed everyone else, yet had an amazing time together. Josh and I have come to a conclusion that children always bring more enjoyment and spice to our vacations. They are usually the life of the party and we love our little nieces and nephews dearly.

Since Josh and I are the only ones without children yet, we enjoyed our last Nielson vacation sleeping in and not waking up at 6:30 like everyone else. Every morning without fail, we would hear little knocks on the door or little voices telling us to wake up, yet we stuck to our guns and kept on sleeping. I mean it's vacation right? A little sleeping in won't hurt. Plus, next year we will have our share of our little one crying in the middle of the night and waking up early. So we didn't feel bad one single bit.
This was a little shop that everyone got a pair of sandles at. These were the biggest pair of sandles that I had ever seen. The little twins thought it was pretty cool.

DISNEY LAND is always a hit with the little ones. Our nieces and nephews have been there almost every year, and this was only my 3rd time, so I think that I might have been even more excited to see the disney characters than they were. Half of the fun was watching and going on the little kid rides with all the young ones. I loved watching their expressions and having them hold on tight during scary parts of the rides.

The parade is always a highlight and it really makes all disney come to life. I loved it, I think it brought the kid back into all of us.
Little Miss Amelia was loving every second. She is seriously so adorable and such a communicator at her age of 1 and 1/2. She was alot of fun and such a princess.

Once the kids started getting tired and worn out, everyone went back to the beach house, except for the boys and I. We stayed until about close and hit all the big rides. Than we called it a day and went home tired too.

This year our biggest reward was being so close to the beach. This is the view close to our beach house. The ocean was right across the street from were we were staying. Just looking out of our window was incredible. There was no point of a noice machine at night, because the ocean waves splashed right next to us. The pier was close to us and we went fishing once, but didn't have luck catching any. I have realized that the ocean is one of my favorite places, it seems to clear my thoughts and just let you feel relaxed and that there isn't a care in the world.

Every single day we went swimming at least once in the ocean, sun bathed, or walked along the beach. My favorite thing to do was to boogie board. I caught alot of waves, yet at the same time swalloed alot of salt water and got taken out many times.


I have the greatest family, they are just as great as my own. I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life to enjoy these great moments with.

I have come to appreciate California weather. It is so perfect. The days are hot, yet not to hot and and nights cool off just perfectly.
We just wanted to say a special thanks to our wonderful Jason and Melissa for making this happen and for all they did for us and everyone else this summer. This California Trip 2008 will always be remembered. I love you all and am excited and looking forward to next years trip.

2 comments:

Nehring Fun said...

Wow it looks like you guys had an awesome time!! To say the least!! It is so beautiful!! Can't wait until Mexico to make some more wonderful memories! LOve you and see you in 2 weeks!! Yeah---Can you tell that I am a bit excited!! :):)

JethRobyn said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! I am sad we didn't make it to Disneyland when we were there. You look so stinking cute, and are not showing at ALL!! Let's get together soon.