Friday, June 13, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!!!

Talk about a dream come true for my husband. He was so determined to have a little guy. He would refer to our little one as a HIM always, he would pray for HIM andI am sure he dreamed about HIM often too.

As we were walking into the docters office, I suddenly had a change of mind. I had been thinking that we were having a boy, yet right before we walked in I changed my mind a bit. I told Josh that I thought I was 60% sure that it was a girl and 40% sure it was a boy. Josh did not alter at this point, he stuck to his guns and said I know it is 100% a BOY. So we walked in and of course we were so excited that we told all the nurses there that we were finding out the gender today. After Josh told them that he wanted a boy, they all said that we would probebly have a girl then. So as I was laying on the bed having the ultrasound,(not really understanding what was in the picture) the lady said "Well, it definatley has outdoor plumbing." Josh was shouting for joy and some people outside of the room pocked their heads in, wondering if everything was alright. At that moment I suddenly felt like I new our little son even more.
Our handsome son will be named JAMES WALLACE NIELSON. We can't wait till he joins our little family.

When I got home from the appointment, I pulled out all the stuff I had for a boy(which was alot more than what I had for a girl) and started organizing the closet and some parts of the room. So now I'm thinking blue, creams and browns.
This is such a new exciting part of life. I am already having fun just getting the nursery going, keeping my eye out for good deals on cute, useful things and waiting to feel James kick. Hopefully that will be soon, there are so many great things to experince while pregnant and building the anticipation.

6 comments:

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Yeah!! Congrats!! You will just love your little boy sooooo much! I have such a little mama's boy! I love it, most the time. Feeling the baby kick and move is the most thrilling moment! No one can describe how it makes you feel. I can't wait until I'm at that point too. It makes it feel even more real!!!

Jen & George Scott said...

I knew it!!!! I am soo excited. Have fun on your trip!!!

JethRobyn said...

YEA!! I know I already shouted hooray for you while in Cali, but I'll do it again now that we are back!! Yea!!!!!! Boys are so fun. It's really all I know, but I couldn't ask for anything more fun in the world.

Alicia said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I hear boys are the best... I guess we'll both be finding out soon, 'eh?

Richard and Camie said...

Shannan!! I found your blog under Jennie's and I lost your e-mail. I am so excited for you that you are pregnant and having a boy, congrats!! Being pregnant is amazing! You will be the best mom ever!
Camie Iker

Jeff said...

Shan! Congrats! That is so exciting. You will be a great Mommy! Good Luck!