Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lessons to Learn


As I was talking about blogging the other day with one of my many sisters, it was so interesting what she said. She said it was all beautiful people telling everyone about how great their lives and theirr husbands were. As I thought about her comment, I agreed with that because as I look at everyone elses blogs we all see what everyone is up to and usually we always post the best and cutest pictures that we have, thanks to digital cameras. I think it is wonderful how everyone brags or should I say comments about how wonderful and great their family and husbands are. That's what we should be doing. I hope everyone thinks that their husband and family is the bests. I don't look at it as a bragging or a selfish way of exposing how much better anyone is, I just think it is a great way of contemplating and letting others know how much you love them and feel for others. I mean, isn't that what we should all be doing on a continual basis. Sometimes we don't tell or express how wonderful the people who are closest to us are. I have found this blogging experience to be more of a time to think and to thank the Lord above and all those that mean so much to me through writing.

This week I have learned a great lesson from the Lord, through an experience. I feel that I have always known this but never actually fully understood it:
The Lord has a plan for each one of us and at anytime he can take anything or anyone away from us. Thus, I have learned how important it is to have a deep, passionate and trustworthy relationship with our Father and Son in Heaven. It is only through them that we can aquire enough strengh to get through the hard trials that come our way so fast. Trials are to make us stronger. I will admit that there has been times in my life where I do not understand the reason behind the situation I was given, yet I do know that the Lord has a reason for all things. I am thankful that God knows all, and that he is constantly cheering me on in life. I love my Savior and know that he is here for me every step of the way.(Just as he is there for all of you too.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the thoughts Shan, you are a cutie.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Shan,
You never seize to amaze me. I just miss your bright smiling face! I totally agree with what you said about blogging being about "bragging". I just want everyone to see how me and my cute little family is doing! It's especially fun because I live so far away from some of my bestest friends! I guess what I'm trying to say is "AMEN" to your wonderful comment! I love ya!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

you are sooo right!!! I love you too pieces!!!

Jen & George Scott said...

Shan, I miss you being my roommate. Not to say I don't love my new roommate, my husband... But, you have always been such a faithful person. I remember all the midnight talks we used to have and all the times I came to you to build me up. I am so grateful for your testimony and for the fact that you share it whenever you can. I love you!!!!

Jason and Marie said...

Shannan, I had forgetten how awesome you are. It has been many years. You look so happy (although you always have). I would love to hear from you if you get the chance.