Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eggs, Snow and Jesus

Friday night we drove to Brian Head for the Easter weekend.
Josh's brother has a beautiful new, huge cabin up there and we had a blast with part of our family- The Nielson's (Jason and Melissa) and the Sedivey's (Allyse and Patrick).
James always has the greatest time running around with his cousins and playing games with them. 
It's so great, since he is the youngest of all of them that were there, they totally cater to him and always want him to play with them. So he is kind of popular between them. He loves it. 
Easter Saturday was one of the funnest days. 
Josh made french toast for everyone. Then we just hung out and talked.
We went down to the ski lodge and there were a bunch of games and face painting for the kids. 
Can you guess what my DINOSAUR got?
 My little Princess got a little bunny. She would barely even sit still for this.
Then we went back to the cabin and had a big Easter Egg hunt with everyone. Eggs where everywhere.
  
These were the Easter Egg Hunters (young enough to participate)  and they were sure to find every single one.

 We spent the rest of the day in the snow. James went sledding and loved every second. He was Mr. Independent out there, he wanted to walk up the big hill all by himself. But he did want me to ride down with him, it was a bit steep. We went down again and again. Then we went snowmobiling up and down the ski hills and around their cabin. It was a total rush. It was cold, snowing a bit and just sweet. After about 10 minutes of it we look at James and he is completely out. He had zonked out right in the front of the snowmobile. He was so tired from all the excitement that he crashed hard and was out for a while. Josh and I took the four wheelers for a ride too in the snow. That is a little scary, just cause there isn't as much traction, but it was a total blast being with all our nieces and nephews out there. We went home cause we were starting to get cold, had pizza and than roasted marshmallows and made smores out on the patio.
 We ended the night in our PJ's coloring eggs.
James was quite proud of his dinosaur eggs with Long Neck on it and his brown dino baby egg. I made Rachel a zebra print/ bright pink egg. 
Then we did one of James's favorite things when we are up there, hide and seek in the dark with flash lights.
More pictures to come of their cute Easter outfits for Easter Sunday the next day.
I do want to bear my testimony about our Savior, Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.
I know without a doubt that he lives and that was resurrected after he was brutally beaten and put up on the cross. I know that he suffered every sorrow and pain on this earth and did it for each one of us. The thing that I have learned the most this year during this holiday is to be more like him.What kind of person was he? I want to be more like him. What kind of music would he have listened to? Maybe Michael Bublae. What car would he have driven if he was here today? I hope a grey Honda Civic. Who would he have associated with the most? Probably those who are positive, happy or even the ones that need friends the most. All we know is that Christ was the best example and that he had good intentions in all he ever did. I need to live my life more like the Savior would if he was here  today. Since our Father in Heaven gave his son the opportunity to be resurrected, I know he will give each and everyone of us the same opportunity if we live a good life. I am so glad that Heavenly Father has a wonderful plan for us and that I can rely on him through trials and good times. It is because of him that I want to live the best life I can and I am so glad he knows what we need to go through and learn. I am so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, which is the only true church on earth. It gives me strength and knowledge that I need to get through each day.
I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


1 comment:

Becca said...

you are awesome. i love you!

oh and you don't have to do it if you don't want to. but just FYI I gave you a blogger award. haha. I know it's lame. but I really do love your blog and I want everyone else to enjoy it too. so there you go.

http://jbclary.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-dont-know-what-it-means.html