Saturday, April 16, 2011

Her First Word......

......MOMMA!

Today I was in Rachel's room with Daddy adjusting her crib ( because now she pulls herself up to stand and if she would have became top heavy she could have seriously fallen out) and I heard Rachel babbling her baby talk and making her way into her room on her hands and knees. I could hear her kind of moan and grown and then suddenly she turns the corner and stops. She looks at me and clearly says "Momma". I had to question Josh to see if he heard what I heard and sure enough he said it was loud and clear that she had just said her first word. And how special did I feel that it was my favorite word my own child could say...... Momma. 
It was one of those proud mommy moments.   
She is defiantly a mommy's girl. I just love seeing how excited she gets when I enter a room or when I hold her. She is my little princess and I just love how happy she makes me. She is a pure light to our family.

Well, she is only 8 months old and I would usually say that it was probably just her mumbling baby talk, but this was clearer than ever and I am going to believe that my name was her first word. We will see if she says it again I guess. 

2 comments:

Becca said...

cuuuute!!!!! I love that that was her first word! she sure loves her momma, that's always easy to see. And I'm liking your pics, Shan. and the backgrounds too! :o)

Jen & George Scott said...

Shanny she is getting sooo big. Miss ya, lets get together soon!!!