Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rachel at 7 months

Little lady, you are now 7 months old and always moving. 
Some of your favorite things to do are:
  • To roll all over the place. I can turn around to do something and you have already rolled all the way across the room.
  • You love to eat oatmeal, rice cereal, sweet potato's, carrots, squash and mixed veggies.
  • Gnawing on pizza crust, but recently with your 2 new bottom teeth you actually end up ripping it apart, as though you are T-Rex or something.
  • You love love fruit, but I have been very strict on not giving you any, so that hopefully when you are older you will like your veggies. But I have given you some banana and you get so excited and anxious for more. 
  • Being held is still one of your favorite things, but you do so much better not being held all the time, you are actually allowing mommy to get somethings done around the house.
  • You love to move and you prefer sitting up or being on all 4's and rocking back and forth back and forth. 
  • Being with your mommy is one of your favorites. When you are with someone else, you will be fine until I come in the room again. Then you start to get a little sad- as though you are saying "Come on Mommy, hold me".
  • You love having a silk blanket or you mini blanket right next to your face when you sleep. 
  • Sucking your thumb is now a must when you go to sleep. This is one of my favorite things too, because it indicates that you are so ready for bed.
  • You love your daddy and how he makes you laugh. You will see him smiling at you from across the room and you will giggle so much when he comes towards you with the tickle claw.
  • Big brother is someone who you can just watch for hours and you love to take anything he is playing with, but he has finally caught on that if he wants something you have, all he has to do is exchange it with something (anything- you don't really care yet, as long as it's something you can put in your mouth).

Somethings you do not like are:
  • Green beans, any type of baby meat, and not being fed when everyone else is eating.
  • When mommy doesn't put you to sleep on time and you are overly tired.
  • Dirty diapers, your poor cute and dimply butt hates being dirty.
  • When you roll into a couch and can't figure out how to keep going.
You love to stick your tongue out all the time. When I was taking pictures of you, you stuck it out probably 80 % of the time.You are one silly girl. 
I love hearing you shriek when daddy or I tickle you or grab your thighs.
James is a great brother to you and actually likes having you around him the majority of the time. While James is watching a show I will sometimes have you sit by him and you two do great together, as long as you have something in your hands to play with. 
You always have to taste whatever is in your hands. It goes- grab, hold, mouth, touch, mouth, repeat again.
Your Grandma and Grandpa came to visit you. You loved it, they spoiled you with so much love. 
Nana always loves to cover you with kisses. 
Your Grandma, Grandpa and Nana just love your little spirit and can't get enough of you.
Just this last month I feel that you have grown from a little baby to a little girl. 
You are so aware with things around you and you can get around on your stomach, knees and your little push. I love watching you do your push-ups.
It's crazy that you will be crawling any day now. I was about to help you learn how to crawl, but then thought to myself- Why teach her, she is going to be crawling and walking the rest of her life.
I was reminded:
"Let them be little, because they are only that way for a little."


It was finally nice enough to take you for a walk in the double stroller.  I was so excited. You fussed a little while I put you in, next to James, but once we started going you loved it so much that you fell asleep.
I probably used the Johnny Jumper more this month than any other and you like it for about the first 10 minutes, then you seem to want out. I don't think it will last much longer.

You have the wings of an angel
You have made me a better person.
You create so much joy in my life every single day.
You allow me to understand just how much our Father in Heaven loves me.
You are my angel here on earth.
YOU GIVE ME WINGS TO FLY, 
as I completely love being your 
MOMMY.



FYI: The first three pictures are some of my first ones done with my new camera and photoshop. I am just learning, but this is a start.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness could she be any cuter?!? She is a doll! I love the one with the leggings and the necklace. She is precious!

Amber and Brad said...

aww I miss her chubby little cheeks! She is so adorable, I love her. She is so dang cute in the leggings... LOVE it! Looks like your getting better with the camera too!

AKutarna said...

I'm totally creeping here, but Rachel is soooo cute! She is such a doll, and I love how you dress her so girly. (This is Alex by the way. )

Emily said...

hey mrs. nielson its kennedy
she is so
ADORABLE i love her legging shes so cute

Richard and Camie said...

She is an absolute doll! You are doing great with your camera and photo shop:)