Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy....... Sad


So happy that my mom and dad came to visit and brought an amazing surprise- my sister Amber. I almost cried when I saw her. My family is my everything and I wish so bad that they lived really close to me. We have way to much fun together. Mom and dad only stayed for a short time, as they were driving through to go to New Mexico for a short time. 

Amber stayed with me for half of the week (which was not long enough). We had a blast together. We shopped, ate at Cafe Rio a few times (they don't have it in Canada and it's our favorite), she taught me more about the camera, we did a photo shoot together and am learning from the best. We got to sew some real cute girl dresses, play games and just talk.

I just love her to pieces. We had so much fun with our little babies who are just a few months different in age. It was such a happy time having her here with me, we are the best of friends. I love you Amber so much, thanks for making the trip down here and for just being so great about everything. We have the best times together being the wierdo's that we are.

Then mom and dad came back up and spent a day with me, we played Settlers of Catan of course (a tradition every time we see each other) until early in the morning, we ate at Olive Garden and just hung out and laughed together (not to mention Josh's famous dance moves- Josh was our number 1 entertainment for the night). Nan also joined in on the fun (she's our favorite exchange student from Tia land. She thinks our family is a little crazy and she is totally right, but she loves it.


Rachel and Channing sat by eachother and observed one another (not much interacting yet- Channing in 2 months younger, but just as big as Rachel) They look like they could be twins. How do people do it with twins. I was holding both of them at the same time, just feeling for those mommy's of twins.

James loved loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa. He was laughing so hard last night as grandma chased him around and played hide and seek and yelled out Rarrrr when he found her. He sure thinks they are awesome. He totally would ask Grandma to tuck him in each night.
SADLY.........
When they left this morning early, I was so sad they had to go. I always dread the day they leave. It makes me a little depressed as I wave goodbye to them and watch them drive off. How fun would it be if we were just minutes away from each other. I would be with them all the time. Oh... to only dream that one day I will be living real close to at least one of my sisters or my parents. That would be pure bliss. I already miss them so much and long for the time I see them again. 
I love you guys more than words can say and please come visit anytime you have the time. There is always a place to stay and you know you are always welcome here.
 xoxoxooxoxo
I miss you and am so happy you made my week, but so sad you had to leave me.

2 comments:

Amber and Brad said...

I had such a blast with you guys. It really does suck that we live so far away, honestly why did you have to marry an american?? JKS we love Josh. Miss you already

Briann said...

How fun! I miss my family too, it's hard BUT at least we have great friends!