Sunday, March 13, 2011

James's Quotables and Notables

 James's normal night time routine includes:
 read scriptures, kneel down and pray, read 2 books (usually dinosaur books lately) while James finishes his sippy of milk, brush teeth while we sing the song "If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops.........standing outside with my mouth open wide.... Uh, uh, uh. uh .... " ( this seems to be the only way lately to have him open his mouth to brush his teeth), then last but not least singing songs and snuggling.
On one particular night while I lay next to him, he put his arm around my neck and snuggled and then I looked at him and said "James I love you." He said back to me without a pause "Momma I love you." That was the first time he said that without me asking him to say it back to me. It was the dearest sentence I have heard come out of his mouth. I just hugged him and told him how wonderful and special he is to me.
This little guy has been talking a ton lately. I even find himself talking to all his toys and to the baby too.
I have noticed that every stage of life so far for James has been a blast. Seeing him progress and grow just shows me how fast life does pass before my eyes and how just these small little moments develop into the boy/ man he will become one day.


1 comment:

Richard and Camie said...

What a cutie! I love that picture of him, how adorable and "all boy!"