Tuesday, September 29, 2009

General Relief Society

I had the great opportunity to go to Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints conference building to listen to the General Relief Society messages with 3 of my friends from my new ward. Whenever I go to these meetings, I always leave wanting to be a better person. I love how the leaders of our church are able to address things that I need to hear and be reminded of. It was a needed uplift. The main talks were based upon the wonderful program of Relief Society and Visiting Teaching and the importance that they are in our lives. Some things that hit me were the following:

"To reach or fullest potential is the goal of R.S."

"Every righteous woman is in Gods plan - R. S needs you and you need R.S"

"True wisdom- non essential things clutter our lives, get rid of it."

"Mind the GAP- in order to be safe( from what we know and actually do)."

*1. "Believing and Knowing you are a daughter of God." - (Nothing can separate you from the love of God, accept Gods love and love everyone.)

*2. "Becoming a fully engaged member in R.S."- (Your goals and expectations may not always end up as planned, find happiness and joy on the path you are on.)

*3. "Believing in Jesus Christ and being valiant."- (We must have faith, repent and endure to the end. Share your testimony, be converted. Share the gospel with those we love.)

"Reach out to those in need! Serve!!"

"No salvation will be given without compassionate service."

"Be an example of good."

1 comment:

Shambi-Galambi said...

I demand (nicely demnd) you send me these cute pictures and any others that you have on your camera! I want them very much. :)