Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Love Family Time!

Stacy, my sister from Virginia came and stayed for another week. We had so much fun together with our kids, talking, sewing and just being together.

For one of the days she was here, we went to Bridivale Falls and the kids were able to play in the water. It was fun, even though it rained and we had a picnic in the back of the explorer. Here two girls thought it was pretty fun. James loves being in this carrier. What can I say he just loves being close to mom. The water was pretty chilly, but the kiddies didn't seem to mind. I love the mountains so much and I am really craving to go camping. The whole time Josh and I have been married we have never been, so I am hoping it happens this year.This children's book is one of my favorites. I t depicts all the stages of life we will experience with our babies. I remember the day mom and I were looking for a blessing outfit for James. We had entered Nordstoms and saw this book. As we began reading it, there we were in the middle of the store balling our eyes out. It really touched us, and I am sure it will touch any mother out there that reads it. Below is the wording in the book: One day I counted your fingers and kissed each one. One day the first snowflake fell, and I held you up and watched them melt on your baby skin. One day we crossed the street and you held my hand tight. Then, you were my baby, and now you are my child.Sometimes , when you sleep, I watch you dream, and I dream too...That someday you will dive into the cool, clear water of a lake. Someday you will walk into a deep wood.Someday your eyes will be filled with a joy so deep that they shine. Someday you will run so fast and so far your heart will feel like fire. Someday you will hear something so sad that you will fold up with sorrow. Someday you will call a song to the wind, and the wind will carry your song away. Someday I will stand on this porch and watch your arms waving to me until I no longer see you. Someday you will look at this house and wonder how something that feels so big can look so small. Someday you will feel a small weight against your strong back.Someday I will watch you brush your child's hair. Someday, a long time from now, your own hair will glow silver in the sun. And when that day comes, love, you will remember me. As a gift for mothers day and my sisters 30th birthday I gave each of them a copy. We were all in tears by the end of the book. Oh, how words in a book capture feelings and true meanings in life and love. Grandma was sure proud to be with her studly grandsons. They love their grandma so much too. Lilli and I were buds the whole time. She would watch me get ready in the morning and end up putting make-up on too. Her favorite place is our bed in our bedroom. There is a huge mirror and she just loves to get dressed up in my fancy clothes and dance around on our bed. This visit she couldn't stop asking me to play thriller, by Michael Jackson. I acted like a zombie and did a whole bunch of actions to it, after that, it was the main even everyday, at least 4 times a day. When they left on Thursday, Lilli was in complete tears when we had to say good-bye and she just kept on blowing me kisses and hugs. She broke my heart. She really did not want to leave. Man, I love that girl and she is one beautiful little princess. While my family was here we all went to Seven Peaks water park. James just loved the water so much. He especially liked this tub, as it allowed him to be free and wiggle his legs and arms. We had a lot of fun watching James and Talmage in the water for one of their first times. Their little facial expressions are priceless. We will be going to Seven Peaks quit a bit now that we have season passes. The pool will be our main hang out for the summer holidays.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I want that book! Isn't it amazing how often you really do feel that way when you watch all your little baby can do.
P.S. We missed you guys at the breakfast/dinner yesterday.