Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yummy food and Preparation for the Burps

Fresh fruit is the best. We have been so lucky to have peach, nectorine, apricots, plums and pear trees. They have just barely gotten to the point where we can eat them. Josh and I love just going outside and eating as much fruit as we want. I plan on fruit canning next weekend. We also grew 2 cherry trees and another nectorine and peach tree this year. Fruit is the absolute best directly from the tree. They taste so much better then the ones from the grocery store. Well, yesterday my dear mother in law taught me how to can pickles. It was the easiest and fastest canning I have ever done. Plus, it's good I learned her recipe, because Josh loves, loves her pickles. They taste so different than others I have tasted, and I am the next to say that they are the best I have ever tasted too.SO hopefully they end up tasting the same. Thanks mom for the invite and I love that we can just hang out,just the 2 of us. I spent all last night sewing. I will be the first to admit that I am not very good at it and that last night I was getting mad at the machine, but I am learning. I made 12 different birp cloths for baby James. They turned out pretty good, considering that I am an amiture. I like to sew, I just need more experience- so I guess practice will one day make perfect. I finally finished the blanket that I gave to Josh for Father's day, some time ago. It was partly a celebration that we were having a little guy, hence the BYU. So I made daddy a big cougar blanket that me, him and baby James can all snuggle up in during the cold October, November games of next year(since James will arrive this year near the last few games, and daddy is not taking the baby in the cold when he is not even 1 month old). Along with the blanket, came a few Cougar burp cloths- cause daddy's gotta be in style too. I am actually really excited for Josh and James to start on sports in the future, it is such a guy thing that bonds fathers and sons together.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

nice work, they are adorable! One day I too will learn how to sew! Keep up the awesome work and then you can teach me! We are excited to meet our little James!

Richard and Camie said...

You are such a great sewer, they look great! I am so excited for you to have a baby you are going to be a great mom! I wanted to let you know that I have a blog if you ever want to check it out! rjcamjax.blogspot.com you have to sign-in to see it!

JethRobyn said...

Very ambitious Shan!! I don't even attempt the sewing thing. You are so lucky to have so many fruit trees! How cool is that, we have lots of veggies, maybe we should do a trade.Oh and by the way, we got the new Settlers extension, Traders and Barbarians if you guys want to come and try it.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Good job shan!!!! Is there anything you can't do? Paint, sew, cook, man you are giving me a run for my money!!!!! P.s You are so dang cute prego it kills me!!!!

Mindi said...

That's how you learn... pretty soon you'll be making baby blankets, and then onto hooded towels (my latest fun thing), and little aprons! There are lots of tutorials that help you do fun stuff! Whitney makes TONS of cute stuff, check out her site!