Monday, January 21, 2008

Recap of the first 6 months of marriage

Our Canada reception took place 3 months later. We had a lot less decor and a little more dancing.
My favorite men and I showing off how tough we really are.
My favorite ladies and I blowing kisses. Love you gals.
The Leavitt Crew smiling. We were glad that Lindsey could be there to celebrate with us. She came home from her mission the night before our 2nd reception.
Our reception just wouldn't of been the same with out CRAZY MARISA. She brought the house down with her solo----- She gives me LOVE LOVE LOVE, CRAZY LOVE. Josh Nearing (brother inlaw) surprisingly announced that she would be singing for everyone. So my tough sister inlaw showed no fear and sang her little heart out. That was just the beginning of the crazy dance that followed.
Josh had no trouble fitting in with the crazy Leavitt clan. It came easy to him, cause we are all crazy, besides Mike that is. (lol) Before all of my sisters and I were married, we would tell eachother that our husbands better get along or else....... All of our husbands get along like bros. I find it so much fun all being together, cause we are all about the same age. Now we are just trying to get eachother to move closed to one another.
I realized that children are the ones who make Christmas so much fun. Little Lill's was definatly the one who brought the season alive. Even though she was the only niece who really knew what was going on, every single one of us were more excited about how happy and into it she was. Thank goodness for little ones, they bring so much joy in little things.
Izzy, was just chillin and not really understanding the excitement around her. All she knew was that she the center of attention, because of her cuteness.
After only 3 months of marriage, we realized that we were really blessed to be alive. Josh and I got in a huge car accident, all I remember is Josh telling me it was black ice and to hold on. As we headed for the ditch, sadly we hit a huge water pipe that made our car flip over and land on its right side. We walked out without a scratch. I must of been in shock, because I started to walk down the freeway only worried about getting help and finding out that we were in the middle of no were. The car was thrashed and have had to learn what it is like now to have only one car to share between the 2 of us. Josh and I both agree that this first year of marriage has flown by so fast. It seems like we haven't been married for very long, yet at the same times it feels like we have known eachother for our whole lives. I still think it is crazy that the first year is already gone. I can't imagine my life without my hotty taughty, naughty body man( inside joke). As I look back at what I have learned in the last year, I come to realize that the lessons taught were basically for me to grow and find out more about myself. Marriage is a different language and guys and girls pretty opposite. Before I got married, I could care less about what other guys thought of me and I just lived my own single life . As our life now includes the two of us, who are both very opinionated and passionate about life ,we have had to learn how to compromise and be more willing to give up small things for the better. I love being married and living my life with the man who has made me laugh every single day of our marriage.
I never realized how much I really needed someone with a sense of humor. Joshy is the man who can turn a sad moment into a moment of laughter. I have learned how to laugh at myself and to enjoy what is given to me. I feel that life is a test, and that it can be enjoyed even more when we all learn to relax and laugh at the mistakes we make. Trust me, I have laughed alot at my past. As Jen and I were roomates with eachother for about 5 years, we seemed to find our husbands at the same times as well. I guess God had it all planned out for us, we were married a month apart from eachother.
As everyone knows I am all about dressing up and going way out for certain holidays. I have never missed dressing up for Halloween, and I always find a different costume for each year. It is my goal to continue on with the same throughout our marriage. Even though my babe is not much into the whole dress up thing, he has been a true champ about it. Our first Halloween together consisted of Batman and Batwoman for our friends Halloween party.

The actual day of Halloween, we dressed it down abit and acted the role of a blood sucking nurse and victim. We had a blast taking cute little Molly trick or treating.



No comments: