Monday, April 13, 2009

James Loved His First Easter

Our little baby chick hatched with a cute little smile on Easter . First Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Bunny Experience James had his first Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning at the Cedar Hills park. We went with all his cousins and everyone had to go in their own age category. Little James, Scarlett and McKay had help from their mommy and daddy of course. He was pretty content being held by the Mommy Easter bunny.
The whole clan of happy egg hunters. James even held his own Easter basket. What a tough little guy.
I was so proud of him and how he held it all by himself.
James liked his 3 colorful Easter eggs.
Later on our brother, Joel took us to the new Cedar Hills Walmart. He was quite proud of it. I will admit that it is way nicer than any other Walmart I have ever been to before. I guess it has to keep up to all the beautiful houses in that area too. While we were there we met the Daddy Easter bunny and had a fun little picture with him.
Easter Morning
My two boys went on their Easter egg hunt in our backyard to see what the Easter bunny had brought them. Daddy is so great with baby James, because he makes it so much fun for me to watch. We always talk to James as if he was old enough to understand us.
Even though James is not old enough to know what is happening, I think he knows more than we think. He seemed way interested in the balls and toys he got. Easter at Nana's What a spoiled boy, he went on his 3rd hunt at Nana's house after a huge delicious dinner . James did so well sitting up the majority of the time. His back is so strong, he's almost got it to the point where he doesn't even need our help anymore. He really wanted to eat the eggs. His cousin Scarlett had fun sharing some of her eggs with our little guy too. I loved watching him interact as much as he could with his cousins, he is loved so much by all of them. They all call him BABY JAMES. He is constantly smothered with kisses from everyone. As it is Easter it is even more important to remember our Savior Jesus Christ. He has died for each one of us and was resurrected.
As I taught my 3rd graders the real reason behind Easter, I could not help but realize how innocent and sad they were for what Jesus Christ had to go through for during his death and resurrection. As I explained the nails pierced in his hands and than in his wrists, I could tell that every single child experienced some sort of sorrow for the pain he felt. I had them poke their hand with their finger nail and then asked them to think of a time they had bled from a few pores. I then reminded them that Jesus Christ bled from every single poor. As we discussed the pain, each student was engaged in the lesson and had many questions to ask. Once we started talking about the resurrection my students had a lot of comments to make about what they already knew took place. Since I was teaching in school I could only discuss the things in the bible, so once a question was asked about when we will see Christ again, I had to redirect the topic.
I truly believe and know that our Savior raised from the dead and gave new life as a way to allow us to know that we will all have the chance to return to him and be resurrected as he was into his presence. I love Jesus so much and this Easter I think I am able to feel how much love Heavenly Father had for His son Jesus Christ, now that I have a child of my own. I can only imagine how hard it was for our father to watch Jesus go through all he did for all of us, his brothers and sisters. Wow, what an eye opener and a sacrifice that we should never forget, but remember everyday of our lives, not just on Easter.

4 comments:

McCandless Co. said...

Shans, YAY! I am glad we found each other. I can't believe how cute little James is...he looks a lot like his dad. It looks like you guys are doing well and staying busy. One of these years we will all have to get together for a big long catch-up! Talk to you soon.

Jen & George Scott said...

Shan,. James looks so cute in his chick outfit. It sounds like he was a busy little guy this Easter. We missed you at the shower, but we will just have to go out to dinner soon to catch up. Love ya!!!

Cassie said...

I love the pic of him holding his own basket. It made me laugh. What a big boy!

Mindi said...

Yer so stinkin' cute! I can't get over it. And James is adorable. I'm lovin' the tie onesie!