Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ice Skating

James came along with mommy and her 3rd graders to go ice skating. James really loved looking all around, for the majority of the time he was on the side lines and bundled up nice and warm. My students just love baby James and they all take their turns holding him. It is so good for him, as it allows him to get to know other people and not be fussy about going to others. As a 3rd grade class, we went on a field trip to The Peaks Ice Arena in Provo. My students have been working so hard and deserved a big reward. We had a blast, skating, falling, laughing and crying. They were such troopers and some of them left learning a great lesson. Some of the smartest kids in my class, who find school pretty easy were the ones who struggled to skate the most. Since it was a lot of their first times,a few of them got humbled really fast. They got so frusterated becasue everyone it came easy to many of the students who find school to be harder. I brought them to the side and asked them how it felt and they said not good. I then explained to them that to some students school is just as hard as skating is to them. They were in shock and I just told them that this was a lesson for them to understand how frusterating school can be to others. This is my awesome, cute class and some parent volunteers who made it possible for us to go.

No comments: