Tuesday, April 7, 2009

James at 5 months

Today James turned 5 months. He is such a cute little boy and I just want to eat him up! I find myself nibbling at his chunky legs and just kissing him everywhere cause I just can't get enough of him. He weighs 16 lbs 8oz and is 26 inches long. James is now eating rice cereal and loves it, he wimpers when it doesn't come fast enough. Eventhough it is all over him by the end of his feeding, it is so much fun seeing how much he loves real food. He eats quite abit, I guess this is the beginning of our big food bill. He goes to sleep on a full tummy and is able to sleep for a good 8-10 hours most nights. He is still drinking my milk and drinks a big whopping amount of 6-10 oz each sitting, I am just glad I can still produce enough to keep up. James has shown a great like for his fingers and mommys fingers. He goes to town sucking all 4 fingers at one time. Sometimes I have to make sure he isn't gagging himself. He sucks so hard and I have come to believe that it is soothing to him. He doesn't love his binky, he will take it occasionally, but doesn't rely on it. James loves his mommy and daddy so much, anytime he hears their voices he kicks his legs up and down and gives a great big smile. My favorite is after he has had a good night sleep or nap and I go in to pick him up and he just looks up at me, gives me the cutest little no teeth smile and coos for me to pick him up. He is quite the talker, he is always making some type of noise. I honestly think he is going to be very social when he gets older, because he is constantly around me and his daddy and we just don't seem to be very quiet people. He continually trys to communicate to us and loves to baby talk a lot. Sometimes I try to make up words that he has said, but I don't think he has actually said any particular word.James can change so fast from crying to smiling, and boy he smiles a lot. All we have to do to get a smile from him is talk a bit higher, smile and talk baby talk or loudly and he loves it. He has rolled over more than a handfull of times, but will never do it on cue. Daddy and James have their bonding times as he does his balancing act, his superman fly and wrestling(James just sits their while daddy pretends). James loves it, he is such a busy little guy, he's so curious and is always moving and loves stimulation. He absolutley love the outdoors,going on stroller rides and completely loves the fresh air on his skin. He loves his little blanky and when he is really tired all you need to do is put it between his arms and he'll grab it and rub it on his cheecks. He loves his blanky and it really is a comfort to him. He is so content and is so interested in everything happening around him. Mommy and daddy still tiptoe across his room everynight to look at how precious and blessed we are. We have been saying night prayers with him and while one of us say the prayer, the other folds his arms and repeats the last word of the sentence. It is pretty neat to watch as though he knows what we are doing. On most occasions he just listens and doesn't fuss. I have placed him infront of pictures of Christ and he has given me the sweetest smiles, it is as though he knows it is his brother, Jesus. James also loves his reflection, I am not quite sure he knows it is him, but he stares at his reflection and laughs and smiles. He wants to sit up all by himslef so much. He has sat up by himself for probebly 10 seconds at the most and then tumbles over. He loves to pull himself up and stand up. He has such a strong back and legs. James Wallace is currently wearing 6-9 month clothing and has grown out of his 3-6 month clothes. He is normally very warm, which make his feet sweat hot and sometimes even stink. They are the cutest little feet I have ever seen, so I still kiss them and nibble on them. James has his days were he will get so fussy because he is so tired that he doesn't know what to do, so he just cries as loud as he can. At these moments I feel so bad for him because he wants to fall asleep so bad, but it take a few deep cries before he figures it out. The most precious moments are when he falls asleep in my arms, which is not very often anymore. The funniest thing is that he snores alittle while he sleeps, I guess he takes after his daddy. James loves toys and anything he can stick in his mouth. He is a pro at grabbing things and examinig them. His favorite is material books, he tends to try to eat them and he loves the ones that make noises when you turn the page. He has figured out how to turn the page, even though it takes him a while. He can only handle his standing scosser for 10 minutes, then he's ready for something new. He loves laying on his back more then his stomach. James grabs his little toes and is fasinated by them. He has held his bottle on his own for a few seconds, but just needs to learn s little more cordination. He is constaltly grabbing my hair and rubbing it with his fingers or putting it in his mouth. James loves people and has no problem going to anyone. I have tried to put him around other kids, because I want him to get along with them and like them. He shows a great interest in anyone who will give him a big smile and entertain him. His best buddies at such a young age are Kayden, Carter and Ruby. It is so rewarding to come home everyday from teaching 3rd grade and seeing my little cutie pie and spending the rest of the day with him. Daddy and I have a great schedule- I feed him before I leave for work. Then I go to work from 8-12, while daddy watches the big guy. I only miss one feeding and than I spend the rest of the day just loving and hugging our budz. It's the best cause this way daddy gets quality time with our little stud and so do I.

7 comments:

JethRobyn said...

He's too cute Shan! You have yourself a healthy growing boy!

Meggan Butterfield said...

He is so so darn cute! I can't believe that he is already 5months. I am so happy we are neighbors, you guys are the greatest! Shannan I am excited to start working out with you it is going to be a blast!

Weight Family said...

I am so glad you wrote this. It helps so much when your babies aren't babies any more! Love that he sucks all 4 fingers, too cute!

Cassie said...

I loved reading all of your stats on your little man. Isn't it crazy how much they learn in just a couple of weeks.

Lacey said...

What a little sweetie he is and getting so big so fast!! We miss you guys so much and cannot wait for James and Beckam to play together!

Jeff said...

Oh my goodness! It seems like I was just barely at your baby shower with your baby still in your belly! He is getting so big and so cute! His little smile is adorable!
Man, I wish I could go part time with you. I think it would be so fun to share a class with you, but I need to work full time. Good luck on finding your other half!
We should totally get together. I would love it! Let's plan something soon. Take care!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

We love you little james!!!