Sunday, June 1, 2008

Events in May

This month has really been super busy, yet exciting and suprising at the same time. First off, I must express how lucky I have been to feel so wonderful during my pregnancy. I seriously can't complain. I have not had morning sickness at all and my husband is amazed that I have not been one bit moody either. Yaa, I just hope it can keep on being so great. I have really enjoyed being pregnant, and knowing that my little one is growing in my tummy a little more everyday. I just can't express the excitment and joy that comes from knowing that a little angel is preparing to come to Josh and I right now. We feel as ready as you can be to have a child (so we think). As of Friday, I am 4 months (16 weeks) along.


Our sister, Marisa gave birth to her second daughter last week, and it was so great being able to visit and meet our newest member of the family about an hour after she arrived. Her name is Scarlett and she is just so cute, she got the double chins and lots to love. She weighed 10 lbs and 10oz. I am so proud of Marisa, she has really been a trooper and is such an amazing mother, sister and friend. I know baby Scarlett will be so happy to belong to such a great bunch.

Yesterday we babysat her kids and it was nice to have those young little bodies heping around the house. Josh got them to work. It was their first time mowing the lawn and it was the cutest thing, cause they both had to push the lawn mower to make it move. Check out the picture, it makes me smile.
While the boys did the lawn, Audrey and I painted. I am working on some things for the nursery. I just need to know the gender and then I can really start decorating. As for now, I am just painting and staining some really cute frames and mirrors. I will post them once they are finished.

Friday was a big day at school for my students and I. I threw them a 3rd grade gradutation. It was a complete success. My 23 students felt like stars and they loved all the recognition for a year well done. I was so proud of each one. I have fallen in love with them and am pretty sad to leave them. As I have almost completed my first year of teaching, I can definatly say that it has been extremely rewarding, and busy. I have loved every second of it and have learned that "to teach", is one of my passions. I can not think of a better job, then to educate and teach these little minds. To see these kids grow and progress through out the year has been remarkable."2 teach is 2 touch lives 4 ever."
I also got released from primary and got called as the 1st counselor of Young Womens. I am pretty pumped. I have always loved working with the youth. Yet, this time it won't be at a treatment center, but with girls that don't have a crazy problems. At first I was shocked, yet at the same time I was excited. I am sure I will learn a lot from these girls. I hope to do the best I can. Wish me luck.For these callings, I think alot of us feel like we can't measure up at times. Yet, I guess all we can do is our best, and GOd will come through and help us out.

5 comments:

Mindi said...

Congrats!! I had no idea...I guess I should check back more often! That's awesome. I had bad morning sickness, mostly nausea though, but that's good you are doing well, some do good, some don't, but no matter how sick you get, or how bad the labour might be, they are worth it, then you forget the pain and have another (no, I'm not pregnant!)

Nehring Fun said...

Izzy says- "Apple"(her favorite word)
Lilli says- "Dear Shannan and Josh they will be so inprised that you will be, I want to give them a treat."
Your class looks great!! You will be awesome in the YW! Love you much and hope everything continues to go well! Love ya

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Why didn't I think of putting them to work when I watched them? You guys are too funny!!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

hey i tagged ya!!

JethRobyn said...

Hey you, I hope your video thing worked out. SOSOSOSOSO sorry once again. I would like to say to whoever had the 10 lb. baby, Congrats!!! And I'm glad you made it through because wow...ten pound baby. I'm glad you are still feeling well. I hope that you keep this up the rest of the pregnancy! Miss you guys.