Sunday, May 25, 2008

The BIG, EXCITING and AMAZING MIRACLE

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands, 'nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song, or cuddle me so near.
But all will change comes this November,
That’s when they say I'm due.
I'll be a new bundle of joy; I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait, because of all the love we'll know.
So have a great 6 months of time
A wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this great group of friends and family!

Love,
Baby Nielson


This is problebly the best news I have ever been able to witness. The pregnancy test was a positive and I am now 15 weeks and 2 days along.

It is pretty amazing knowing that I am almost 4 months along come next Friday. I have had an amazing 1st trimester. The only thing that really effected me was smells and the taste of food. I totally lost my appetite the last month and had to make myself eat. During that time I lost some weight, yet I am sure I will gain it back soon when the baby starts growing. I have also been more tired then usual, so when I get home from teaching all day, I usually have to take a nap or go to bed earlier around 9:00.
In all reality, it didn't really hit me until we heard the babies heart beat. It was the most incredible noise. I started crying, just knowing at that moment there was a little miracle growing inside my stomach. As we went in for the ultrasound there are no words to describe the feelings we had as we actually saw our little angel moving around and posing for us. We got some great pictures. Josh says that it's gotta be a boy because he is flexing for us.I love the picture because he is totally clinching his fists and showing off his skeleton muscles.

This is a picture of his side profile. Before we saw the ultrasound, Josh was praying that we would be pregnant with twin boys(he wanted them so bad because he is a twin). He wants a little boy so bad. So when ever we refer to our baby we always call him our little guy. I know that Josh's heart would be melted though, if we had a little girl too.

It has been so fun learning and going through pregnancy. We feel so blessed to bring a little one to this world and raise him/ her the best we know how to. This is definalty a great miracle that God has allowed us to be part of.

13 comments:

Lacey said...

Yeah for you guys!! I am so so so excited for you and know that you will be awesome parents! We cannot wait to see what this little one is going to be!! Whoohoo, so exciting! Good luck with the next 2 trimesters...they will fly by! Dont forget to write it all down because you wont want to forget a moment and even the most memorable moments fade. We love you guys and are so excited for you!

Susie said...

that is soo exciting! Congrats! I'm glad that things are going good for you so far hope it continues. The ultrasound is so cool then it seems for real.

Kristin Ross said...

Yeah! That is so awesome. I am so excited for you.

Nehring Fun said...

I am so excited!!! Yeah!!! The ultrasounds are the best aren't they? Your "little guy" looks great!! I wish I was there to give you a hug...love you guys!

Tonia said...

We're so excited for you guys. You'll both make great parents. Your ultrasound pics are awesome! You got lucky the baby was cooperating so well. Congratulations!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

I am so excited to see and hold my new little niece or nephew!!! I love you guys congrats!!!

Alicia said...

YAY!!
So exciting, Shannon! Congrats on your little person. Be sure to keep everyone posted on the sex. I can't wait!

LindsayB said...

Congrats Shannan! That is so exciting! You'll be an awesome momma I can tell already. So happy for you guys!

JethRobyn said...

Seriously this is the best news ever. I'm so excited for you, and yet slightly jealous that you didn't spend the last three months puking :). Really though, you are going to be amazing parents. Sorry we missed Josh's birthday, Jethro's family has been in town, and I'm losing my mind when it comes to returning phone calls and scheduling. We do love you though and want to play.

Jen & George Scott said...

Yeah Shan, I am glad that you finally announced it. Whatever you have, we better have the same so they can play together. If not, I guess they can always get married. Congrats. We are so excited for you. Tell Josh sorry we missed his party!!!

Stefanie said...

Shannan and Josh congrats that is so exciting!! Your baby will be so cute!!!

Erin L. said...

How exciting for you Shannan. You'll be a great mom.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Yeah!!!!! Everyone is prego!!! I love it!!! You are just a couple weeks ahead of me!! Oh, just wait until you can feel that little baby moving inside of you! That is the MOST incredible feeling!!! Well, next to being able to hold them, of course!! I'm glad everything is going so well for you! I HATE the tiredness that comes with being prego. Matt always thinks I just need more excercise or something. It makes me crazy!! Anyway, good luck with the other 2/3 rds of your pregnancy!!! (p.s. i kinda already heard from a little birdy that you might be prego...:) )