Thursday, August 26, 2010

Welcome Home Rachel

We came home on Friday and were blessed to have mom and dad Leavitt stay with us for the following week. They let me sleep in and only worry about nursing, as they tended to James who wakes up on most days between 7 and 8. On Saturday (3 days later) a bunch of the Josh's family were wanting to see Rachel again, so they all came over for a welcome home BBQ. Of course she got passed around, hugged and loved. She was so content and happy being outside. I think the fresh air felt good to all of us.
James Makes Me Smile James is adjusting so well to having another baby in the house. He looks so big to me now, when comparing him to Rachel. He is a great help in getting diapers and wet wipes and throwing things in the garbage for me. Every time he hears his sister cry he points and act concerned and will even go and give her kisses. He loves to hold her hands and hold her too- yet only for a very short time. I just love this little guy. He is still making me laugh everyday and keeps busy 24/7. I have such a large part in my heart for him and just melt thinking about how great of a little son he is to me. Just look at those blue piercing eyes, and that cute little smile. I always want to eat him, and find myself nibbling on his feet or cheeks quite often. He knows his momma loves him, and he better never forget it.
Rachel's First Bath at Home She didn't even let out a squeak, yet I knew she didn't love it by her facial expression. I mean how would you like it after being in a warm womb, all scrunched up for 9 months.
Rachel's Main Men in her Life.
It's a daily occurrence to be smothered in kisses by her daddy who thinks she is gorgeous and her brother who loves to watch her facial expressions and kiss her face and lips. He is doing so good being gentle with her.

4 comments:

melinda said...

Love all the pictures. She is so beautiful Shannan! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see the pictures that your sister took.

Hey, I finally got my basement cleaned for a sewing area. All my sewing stuff is in order now, it's awesome. So we need to get together and sew some stuff. =) And if you need to store more things, your more then welcome, I have lots of room.

Hope your doing good. Miss you lots. Talk to you soon.
love ya

Nehring Fun said...

Shanny she is sooo precious!!! And of course GORGEOUS!!! The towel looks fabulous on her! I can't wait to hold her! Love you tons!! You look fabulous!! HEy I've been trying to call you, give me a call!!

Richard and Camie said...

Your babies are the cutest things, eat them up:) I am so happy for you! Your children are going to have a wonderful mother to raise them and to make fun memories with. You look wonderful and you kids are just darling!

Anonymous said...

Shanny:
Loved being with you and your family. they are so special and we loved seeing, holding, walking with and playing with James. Such a great little boy. Rachel is growing so much and she is such a cutie. We are so glad you are feeling great and can enjoy the children. The pictures are great and really show the fun and excitement of your lives. You are great parents and we love you both. mom