Friday, April 2, 2010

We are having a baby......

GIRL!!! We are so excited to be parents of a little princess. Secretly I was really wishing and praying for a girl. I guess it is because I am a girl and know the relationship between mother and daughter. I am totally thinking pink now too. I already feel closer to her and it was really fun today going to the mall with my two babes and looking a girly things. I will admit that I love seeing everything made at boutiques and stores, cause they sometimes give me ideas of things I can make- making it more affordable. There are so many dang cute things out there for girls. I have to hold back, because we really can't afford it. But it is still really fun to look. Josh and I are really struggling to come up with a girls name. It seems like we both can't come to an agreement. It was so easy coming up with James' name, but this girl naming is so hard. Let us know if you have any great girl names, we need some help with this one. Our ultrasound visit was a lot of fun. I went with by two babes and Josh was definite that we were having a boy. Even in his prayer right before we went in he prayed for Preston (we already had a name picked out for our next boy). I was still thinking it was a girl. I told him I was 95% sure. When I layed down and pulled my shirt up to reveal my tummy, James didn't quite know what was going on. We had to keep him occupied with ice. But every once in a while I would try to explain it to him and he would just smile and watch the screen of his little soon to be sister float around in my tummy. The technician checked all measurements and all parts of the body. I shedded a happy tear of amazement. Seeing my soon to be little child in my tummy made me cry because of the huge amazing miracle that she really is. She's right there in side of me, yet I can't grasp her hand or see her completely. God truly is an incredible creator and it is so amazing how a child can survive and be born as perfect as they are. The whole pregnancy and labor process has always been a marvel and a truly touching experience to me. I really enjoy seeing my belly grow and seriously in the last 2 days I have popped. Right now I kind of am in the stage where I look like I may have gained some belly fat or am pregnant. To me it is kind of fun seeing my little princess grow,yet know one really thinks I look pregnant quite yet. In the ultrasound she was totally sitting as far down as she could on my pelvis, I guess she found a comfy spot. Once the tec moved her a bit, we were anxious to find out the gender. Josh asked if she could tell. She gave a small silly hint and said well it definitely has a brain and then she told us that there was "in door plumbing" this time. I screamed in excitement and clapped my hands, James smiled and it took Josh a second to take it in. I guess he thought that he was definitely going to be a boy and that it kind of surprised him. Then a second later,I could tell that his little heart melted for his baby girl. We left with a few pictures (that I will post later)and a really really excited momma. After leaving that doctors office, the color pink has become something totally new and exciting to me. My head turns each time I see it. It is already so much fun just knowing that I am going to have a daughter. We hope she looks like me, with the dark hair and olive skin. We have agreed that the boys should look like their daddy and the girls their mommy. They may not look like brother and sister if this happens, I guess we will see eventually.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Hurray!!!!
I was hoping!!
Thanks for bringing the plate back...sorry I didn't come to the door...I have been sick with bronchitis...trust me...I looked pretty bad!!
I'm so happy for you!!!

Mindi said...

Yay! Congrats!! I'll bet she'll be just as gorgeous as you!

Cassie said...

How FUN! You will be so cute with your beautiful little girl and a great teacher/motherly example for those teenage years. Your confidence and testimony of the importance of recognizing your divine worth will help her be the most amazing little girl ever! We are so excited for you guys.

Richard and Camie said...

So exciting!! It was really good seeing you, we will have to get together sometime soon! Congratulations guys it will be so fun to have one of each!

Jen & George Scott said...

Yeah Shanny!!! I am so excited for you guys. You will LOVE having a girl. There are so many fun girly things. I am way happy for you and love you to death!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea, I'm so excited for you,and thats so cool that Amber is pregnant too! We'll all have big Buddha bellies together ;)

Briann said...

So excited for you! Girls are so fun to buy things for (it's hard to restrain, I know!)

Emily said...

yeah baby i am so happy you are having another baby she's going to have a perfect life with two loving parents and a loving brother love kennedy