Saturday, September 17, 2011

James' Quotables and Notables

Tonight James is having a sleepover at his Nana's house.
This is a great thing. But also a sad thing.
Knowing that he is alright without his mommy tucking him in, giving him his sippy of milk, reading and singing to him and cuddling.
He is so big now and Mr. Independent.
He now tells me all the time....."I do it."
He doesn't need much help anymore.
He eats pretty neat most of the time with a utensil,
He puts on his shoes all my himself most of the time. He can get things out of the fridge all by himself. He hasn't totally gotten the whole dressing thing down. But he will grab clothes and ask me to help him.
I guess I just never thought this independence would come so quickly.
I look at him and know he will always be MY BABY. But to him I must say he is my BIG BOY. Because he is not little like baby sister.
I called him and said good night to him tonight and he was so cute as he explained what movie he was watching. Then I told him that I loved him and he said "me too mommy". I am so glad he has such a great relationship with his Nana's. He really does feel so special around them.
Nana told me that he was watching something on tv and on this show I guess the boy said something mean about his mommy and James turned to Nana and said "change this Nana."
He is my little buddy for all eternity and I am so lucky to watch him grow and become such an amazing young boy......and one day man.
You'll keep growing baby James and all I can do is watch.

No comments: