Monday, September 26, 2011

James' Quotable and Notables

During nursery today James was watching a bunch of girls twirl around in their dresses and call each other princesses.
He looked at them and said "My mommy is a princess." Then he followed with".....and my daddy is awesome."

Whenever I grad something for James or ask him to get something for any one of us, he always adds "for baby too." It's like he doesn't want Rachel to feel left out. He is a super big brother. You can totally tell that Rachel thinks his brother is special, because he always wants to be doing what he is doing or she will even start trying to rustle with him.

The other day I was cleaning a really stinky and messy diaper of Rachel's. I look over at James and there he was bringing me a garbage bag to put the messy diaper in.....wwithout even being asked. That made me proud.

For a while James has been waking up at 7:00 sharp each morning and coming into our bedroom and wanting to lay with us. Of course that is just an hour to early for us so we let him. Yet, we don't sleep much because he moves around like a crazy guy with the wiggles. Well on two mornings last week he surprised us and made his own little bed with pillows and blankets next to our bed and let us sleep for at least an extra hour with no interruptions.

Today he actually dressed himself with no help what so ever. He got his shirt on the right way, yet his shorts were on backwards. He is a growing boy and really independent now. 

He is at the age now where he just helps himself to stuff in the fridge and doesn't even make a mess. He gets his own drink of water off the water dispenser on the fridge and he is a jabber box now days.

Today he found out that one of his favorite dogs, his Auntie Amber's dog had to get her leg amputated. I explained to him what that meant and why and he was so worried. He talked to Amber on the phone and just kept raising his 3 fingers and saying "3 legs Skeeter." He was so sad and concerned for the poor little doggy.

James' favorite new activity is making forts, and yes I am the one that taught him how to make them. Yet he has gone to a whole new level of pulling off every single blanket, sheet, pillow and stuffed animal off all the beds and dragging them to the spot he wants to make the fort. Last week I felt like I was cleaning after him continually, until I finally realized that it is ok and he is just being a total boy. Now I just let him do it and spare my time of making beds and cleaning continually all day. I just let him play and then he helps me clean it up for the rest of the day and than he's at it again the next day.

He has had such a tender heart lately. We will be doing something and he will just touch me or look at me and say "Mommy, I love you." And what makes it that much better is that it is not only a few times a day, but like 10 times a day. And he will even add, "I love you the most in the entire world. "
Oh bless this good little boys heart.

1 comment:

Richard and Camie said...

Shannan James is so handsome! He sounds like the biggest sweetheart!