Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Daddy's Day

We are so lucky to have such a wonderful daddy in our family. He is what holds us together. He is the life of the party and we are always laughing with him around. He spends time with us, he takes care of us and protects us, he teaches us about becoming better and how to be a good person. He is our hero and our best friend. 
I am so happy he is the daddy of my children. He is the greatest and I know that James and Rachel love him to pieces. He is so stinkin' good looking and he is the best man!!
We love you DADDA!!
Daddy's Day was Delightful.
James helped make breakfast for daddy.
French Toast and Fruit.
Rachel and James colored a card for him too.
As a new father's day tradition, each of us had a candle in their breakfast lit. Since every child think blowing out candles is the bomb, it was fun watching their faces as everyone had one to themselves. We went around the table and each one of us had to say something that they love the most about daddy. Then when it came to daddy at the end he told us his favorite thing about being their daddy.

Daddy: "Now I have 2 buddies and friends for life. I just loves my little ones more than anything else in the world. My favorite word Dada."
Mommy: "Daddy is well rounded, loves the gospel and is the best and most fun daddy around. I love that he loves us as much as we love him. He will never leave us, but will always come back no matter what."


James: "Obey dada"........we rustle".........."play with dad"........"he's my dad."
Rachel: "Rarrr.... (she loves to eat with daddy)."
 Then we went to Stake Conference, came home, slept a little, kids rustled with daddy a whole bunch, we ate some good grub, went for a long walk and to the park. It was a good dad. 
And I know daddy felt special on Daddy's Day.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

We're starting that tradition next Father's Day. What a great idea. I love your new family picture and all the other beautiful pics you posted. How did you get so good at photography so fast?!