Monday, July 5, 2010

Richmond, Virginia

After our awesome family trip, James and I went with my oldest sister and her family to Richmond, Virginia for a week and a half. We did a lot, but the thing that I loved the most was just being with my baby every single second. The thing I didn't like the most was being away from Josh. Daddy was totally missed by the big guy. Some nights he would just miss his daddy so much and yell his name out a few times.
As we drove the 15 hours, James did a really good job, he even slept the majority of the time, which allowed me to get some zzzzz in too. I was really impressed with Stacy and Josh's stomping grounds. They have a cute house and the area was so beautiful and lusciously green.
We all went to church the next day. James is still struggling to stay quite the whole hour. He's doing better, but his body just can't handle sitting for so long.
We were all so tired so the first day back we just chilled and had the kiddo's play in the sprinklers.James and cousin Talmage did pretty good, but since James is so used to being the youngest, he sometimes acted a little aggressive thinking Talmage was trying to take things from him on purpose. I'm sure age has a lot to do with that. Talmage did a great job holding his own though, being the youngest and all. They were so cute to watch playing together. I am sure they will be complete buds when they grow up.
James even got to have a late night with his cousins, while Stacy and I went out for dinner and got some craft supplies and went shopping for some cute baby girl stuff. He felt pretty special. James adores his oldest cousin, Lilli, she is such a good helper, totally protects him and spends time with him. Lilli is a growing into such a beautiful girl and what makes her so special is her kind heart and willingness to do what is right. She always thinks about what Jesus would do. Thanks for being a good example Lilli and for sharing your bed with me.
Another day we went to the Child's Museum. It was so entertaining. We saw so much. James just kept going and going and going.
He rode a dinosaur, worked at the local grocery store, milked a cow, picked apples off a tree, fixed the wheel on a car, drove an ambulance, painted for his first time, got naked and played in the small stream with a kyak, rode his favorite tractor, played in a huge sand box, went through a cave, etc. It was a fun filled place.
Our Hunky Good-looking, Studly Batman's. Thanks auntie Stacy for the fun shirt.
Later on during the week, we headed to the Beach for the day!!
It was his first time at the beach this year and he was a total boy. Dirty, Wet, Messy and Loving It. His favorite thing was to crawl into the hole and role around in the water like a little piggy. When it came to the waves James is out there, the waves even took him out a few times.
I kind of went over the top on flowers for my little girl. Once I started, I wouldn't stop. Some nights we stayed up until like 1:00. They were just so fun and we were coming up with some really cute ideas. All I gotta say, is my little sweetheart is gonna have a different flower on her head probebly everyday. I love it!! I just love my sis, Stacy too. She is an incredible mother and a great example to me. I loved being with her and I love how our relationship is so close, I just wish we lived closer together, to run errands together, to have play dates, to craft together and just help eachother out. I love you Stacy, thanks for having me stay and for your family's kindness. You're the best!!
Stacy took us to an animal petting zoo. It was stunning and pretty cool to see all the animals so close up.
Then there is Isabella. She bounces to her own beat and can be such a tease. I love her silly side and her cute little comments.She's a doll to be around, yet very possessive of Talmage, as she gets mad at James for doing little baby stuff. She is a very good sister and James liked playing with her.
The kids loved seeing the bobcats, goats, birds, eagles, owls, fishes, roosters, chickens, pigs, etc. But by far their favorite was the close up look of the........
......BEAR.
We were so lucky to see them so close, I guess this is the closest they have been to the gate in a long time. James cried when we had to leave, he was amused with everything they did and how big they were.
I just wanted to say thank you to my parents who made this all possible. If it was not for them I would not have had such an eventful summertime with my little man. They paid for the flight to Florida and a return ticket from Virgina. You two are the most giving, selfless, thoughtful, loving, kind, and amazing individuals I have ever met. Thanks for all the sacrifices you have made to make our family a priority and to keep our relationships close. A big thank you , from James too. He loves you Gama and Gampa!

No comments: