Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Perfect Parents

Wow, I just feel so blessed to have the family I do. I seriously had the best time with mom and dad as they came to visit this weekend. They arrived on Thursday morning at 2:00 a.m and left about 9 hours ago (Sunday, after church). I always hate saying good bye because the time just flys by way to fast.
When I think about mom and dad, I just can't help but smile. They did a dang good job of raising us kids. I always remember how mom was home every single day after returning from school, she always made us food and there was never a worry for me as a child, if mom would be there for me at anytime. Than, my fondest remembrance of Dad is having little daddy daughter dates or councils with only me and dad. I remember feeling like he always cared and that I could cry to him about anything. Mom and dad were amazing at raising us. They had their priorities in the right spot, even today they make these long 12 hour drives just to come see me and my family for a few days, just because they love us. How did I get so lucky, to be so loved by 2 people who love so unselfishly and perfectly.
We had fun playing games (Settlers, of course), shopping, eating at Cafe Rio (all of our favorite), mom and I went to Natalie (my cousins) baby shower, playing with big guy, talking, watching the Olympics, but most importantly, spending time together. Mom even came and helped me out with teaching- she loved it, while James spent the whole day with Grandpa. What an enjoyable weekend. I just wish mom and dad lived closer.
Mom and dad you made my weekend so great. James loves you guys so much, thanks for loving him so much, even through all the dirty diapers, throwing up and runny noses. We all feel your love when your with us and away from us.
My mom and dad are the greatest parents and a big thank you goes out to my Father in Heaven, because he knew just what I needed to get through in this life. My parents are one of my greatest blessings.

3 comments:

Linz said...

Shannan. I miss you guys lots. I couldn't agree more about your parents. They are awesome. They definitely raised a great family. I love you guys. take care :) xoxoxo

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

What a beautiful family. I sure love your parents. It was sure fun growing up just down the road from you guys!

Meggan Butterfield said...

Shannon, I read your experience with James locked in the car and it brought so many memories with Deja being locked in our house and Josh saving the day. I understand how scared you where!BY THE WAY CONGRATULATIONS ON BABY #2 THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!!MY HEART SKIPPED A FEW BEATS AS i WAS READING YOUR POST! Gosh we miss your guy thanks for being such great people!