Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, IS IT TRUE?

And......
Then there were 2.
Baby #2 is due on August 15th, 2010!!
We feel so blessed and excited about our little baby growing in my belly.
Just look how cute he/ she already is.
HOW WE FOUND OUT:
My last period was right before James' 1st birthday in November. We wanted to get pregnant, but we just didn't know God would let it happen so fast. So the first week of December came and I was probably a week late on my period. I didn't think anything of it and Josh kept on saying take a pregnancy test. I doubted the fact that I would be pregnant already, so I bought a test, but didn't take it for a few days. I just didn't want to jinx it and didn't want to be disappointed either.
So I had Josh there in the bathroom with me, handed him the test and watched Josh's face react. He smiled and actually kept it real, instead of teasing. He said "YOUR PREGNANT!" I didn't know if I should believe him or not, so I said "Let me see." I saw it and sure enough there was the solid line with another line that was kind of fainted. We just hugged each other and then got on our knees right away and said thank you to our Father in heaven for this kind blessing of letting us raise his child and entrusting us with another little one. I went crazy happy after that, I yelled it out many times, jumped up and down and just hugged Josh to pieces. The next day I did take another pregnancy test, just to make sure the one line really was there and not so faint. Sure enough it was there indicating the great news. Ever since that day, we pray for our little angel to be healthy, safe and to feel our love.
I went to my first doctors appointment on January 22nd. Dr. Savage took care of all the procedures and then we tried listening to his/ her heart beat (I don't know what to call the baby, and I really don't like to call it an it. So until we do find out what the baby is I will call it a HIM.- Yes we are wanting a boy. The biggest reason is so that James will have a buddy, but you know darn well that if we have a girl, my little heart would melt too. ) She tried finding it for about 2 minutes which seemed even longer and than said that it was normal to not hear it this early at 11 weeks. I will be completely honest, that I was a little worried, as most moms would be. But I did not say a thing and just kept positive and praying that we would hear the heartbeat and that the little baby would be healthy for our Monday ultrasound.
We had an early ultra sound to find out dates and measurements. These are seriously the most amazing technology devices around. What an amazing miracle to see an 11 week little body growing in my tummy. Utah Vally Hospital sure has a great screen too, it was very high tec and showed so many details, with the red and blue blood flow and every single angle. Every time we would see a really great view, I would get so giddy and keep on saying how cute my baby was. I am already attached and in love. We are happy to say that our sweet little baby is healthy and growing. What a huge blessing! My heart skips many beats just thinking about having another little baby of mine to raise, love, teach and to care for every single day of my life. I have so much gratitude towards my Father in Heaven, he truly is the reason for this miracle.
It's perfect, the Baby will be born just as James turns 21 months. He will make the best brother, after he gets the hang of sharing his momma. Lately he has been a total mommas boy and I just love how much he wants me and I KNOW he LOVES ME. He even gives hugs and kisses now- and trust me I get as many as I can all day long.

18 comments:

Taylor and Judy said...

Congrats Shannan!!! That is so exciting for your family!!

Weight Family said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Kristin Ross said...

Congrats!

Mindi said...

Congrats! We're having baby boy #2 in 5 weeks! We're excited it's another boy (although a girl would've been fun too), but we're just excited to use all the hand-me-downs from Jack! Good luck, keep us posted!

Richard and Camie said...

Congratulations you guys!! I am so excited for you guys!

Cassie said...

No way! How awesome. Just the other day I was wondering if you were prego yet and wanted to call you and ask. I am so excited for you. Hopefully we can work it so we have kids not TOO far apart again. How are you feeling?

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Yeah that is so exciting!! Maybe the babe will come on molly's birthday Aug 16th!! :)

The Plum Verbena said...

Ah Shannan I a SO excited for you and Josh! Congratulations! We need to get together soon! I miss you!!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Holy Shmoly!!! Way to get right down to business!!! Jack and Baby Joe are 22 months apart. It's perfect!! Hope all goes well!! Love ya!!

Shambi-Galambi said...

YAY!
Your family is BEAUTIFUL, of course the new baby will only add to the amazing looks in the fam. I'm betting it's a girl and that she will look just like YOU.

Linz said...

I am SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU guys!!!! :) :) yayyyyy! such great news!

brooke said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you!

Briann said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!!

Stacey said...

YAY!!!! Congrats!! That is sooooo exciting! We are so happy for you guys! We really need to get together soon!! Especially before all these little ones get here! call me soon! Love ya!

Massey Family said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such awesome news!! We miss you guys! We really need to get together! I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you! :)

the Lola Letters said...

Yay! Our due dates are only a week apart! (I'm due August 8th) We can have playdates!

Yvonne said...

Congrats Shannon! I'm a month behind you with our #2!

melinda said...

Wow! Those are some pretty good pictures. I never got ultrasound pictures that looked that good. Time to check into Utah Valley Hospital for our next baby. Dave actually prefered that one anywany... for when he starts up work. Hopefully he gets into that one.