Friday, October 9, 2009

James at 11 months

Our little guy is so dang cute and entertaining. His personality is coming out more and more everyday. He is one of the happiest little guys I have ever met. He is so content with life and is so curious about life and everything in it. For instance, he was on our bed and managed to creep into the crack between the wall and the bed. Suddenly, I hear Josh telling me to come see James. Well this is what I saw, his little legs up to his chest, but best of all his huge smile and the biting of the tongue. He knew he was doing something funny, he is quite brilliant. James is into his toys so much, he loves playing with colorful, smooth, rough , or anything that has texture to it. I was quite impressed as I watched him figure out this ring toy as he finally got the ring around the little pole type holder. I really think he is going to be one of those kids who can grasp onto things really fast. I am trying to get him to figure things out and be more involved with things that make him think and use his little brain. We had dress-up day with the cousins, they loved it. James and McKay were amazing Batman's, while Eliza was a courageous fireman. All I can say is they looked super cute.

James is a huge fan of his cousins. Whenever he hears them upstairs he gets so excited and he will zoom up the stairs. He is an amazingly fast stair climber. And he can even go backwards with no problems at all. They all love their daddy and uncle Joshy, he is so much fun. Josh will spend so much time with them chasing them around, tickling them and just loving them. They know Joshy loves them to death. He is so great with little ones- how did I get so lucky to have a man who just adores children as much as I do? His mommas spaghetti is one of his favorite, most messy dinners. He loved the feeling of all the slimy noodles slither through his fingers as he grabbed huge handfuls and put it in his mouth. It was so funny watching him do it. He was a mess... oh well, he had fun. Look at those bottom teeth jabbers. He has 2 other huge ones on the top, with 2 more popping through too. Making it 6 teeth at 11 months. He just loves big people teeth more and more. Yet, I am still pretty picky on not letting him eat sugary things still. I want his first birthday cake to be a total sugar shock and sweet time. He is still a lover of baths. His favorite thing is to grab all the bottles on the side of the tub and see them splash into the water. He also enjoys filling cups up with water and pouring the water out, I guess he is just loves watching water splash. For a while he would fill the cup up by himself and try drinking it (since he loves drinking out of a cup, with our help of course), which would be shocking to him because he would swallow to much and have to cough it out. He is so funny when it comes to snuggling. He totally reaches for me, I grab him, give him loves for about 5-10 seconds, than he is ready to go and play again. At least I can cherish those few seconds of snuggles. He does the whole reaching for mommy, snuggles thing very often. It's so fun seeing that he knows who I am. He really loves it when I nibble on his hands or when daddy and I brawl with him and tickle him like crazy. He has such a high pitched little laugh/ scream. And one of his favorite play times are when we crawl around with him and chase him on our hands and knees. He will be walking any day now. He has taken one step and he loves to stand all by himself. He can push around his little walker, box or little chair. He's a little cruiser. He is always on the move. No silent or calm times for him, unless he is over tired, he is just go go go all the time.

Josh and I are always talking about how much we love him and just how he livens our days and creates a whole new meaning to our lives. He is our pride and joy and we just are in mad love with him.

Dear Baby James,

Thanks for the spirit and love you give to us everyday. You know how to make us laugh, cry, smile, love and learn. I could never of wished for a more perfect baby than you. We will love you for all eternity. Thank goodness families last forever, there is no way I ever want to be separated from my baby boy. You are growing way to fast. I have absolutely loved every stage of your life. You are so much fun to watch grow. People always told me how hard it was to adjust to raising a child. For me it is all I ever could dream of, and I can honestly say that I have never gotten mad at you or been sad that I have you. I think it is so easy and natural having you as mine (ours- Daddy included). You are my life and I will spend the rest of my life loving and showing you just that.

Love Mommy

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Such cute pictures, he's getting so big!