Monday, March 3, 2008

Our fabulous family


I could never ask for a greater extended family then the one I have. I always hear about nightmare mother in laws and disagreements between family members. It is so nice to have sisters and brothers who are so accepting, fun, crazy and thoughtful. I love it when we all get together. We have gone on trips together, met for family dinner,celebrated birthday after birthday, baptisms, blessings, graduations, accomplishments, we have stopped over unexpectably many times and have never got turned down once.I always thought I had the greatest family and that no other family could beat the one I was born into. Yet, as a year and a half has gone by so fast I must say that they are a dream family that is just as perfect for my personality and my life. Every single person is so different, yet each person bring something different in conversations, outings and situations. I love it!!! I feel grately blessed to marry a man that has such a tightly woven realtionship with his brothers, sisters and mother. Thanks all of you for being so warm, loving, accepting and fun. I always look forward to Sundays were we can all be together. There are no right words to express my gratitude and appreciation for each one of you. I love when we are all together. I love those moments where we can become a little bit closer each time. I am so happy that I am part of your lives. Life would not be complete without a family like the one I so happily have.
Josh has been born into a family of wonderful individuals. I love how Josh has always made it a priority in his life to keep his relationships so strong. It is a blast to watch Josh with his twin. They are so funny and even though they are always on each others cases, it is pretty neat to see how twins relate and always have eachothers backs. I know that Josh would agree when I say that we are so lucky to have each of you as our brothers and sisters. Thanks for putting up with us.

I have never called my mom mother-in-law. The reason for this is because I have never felt that she is just an in-law. Eversince I can remember, I have felt a connection with mom and know that I could tell her anything. I have cried many times with her and I know without a doubt that she will always be there for me. I know that I could never replace my own mother, yet I know that Momma Rose has definatly made me feel like her own. We always joke around about how I am her blood. I am lucky to have another mother. I think she is one of the most kind, loving, caring and giving person. She has shown alot of strengh during hard times and continues to amuse me with her example. I love watching Josh and Mom, they have been through so much together and therefore have grown so close to eachother. I don't think I have seen anyone who loves his mother as much as Josh love Mom. If it wasn't for their tight relationship, I don't think I would have this special relationship with mom either. Josh and I think the world of mom and know that she is someone we love so much. Love You Mom. Thanks for all you do for us and for just being you. You know we love you to death!!

3 comments:

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Shan we love you too!!!! WE are so blessed to have you as our sister!!!

Alicia said...

I am so with you! I have such amazing in-laws and wouldn't trade them for anything! We are lucky girls!

Mindi said...

Hey Shannan! So glad I found your blog! You are such a doll! I loved the story of how you met. I'm sure you told us in Dr. Evans office once, but since having a baby i forget things! Cute blog!