Monday, January 9, 2012

Finally.......

James was Potty Trained 1 week before he turned 3!

A while back, right before he turned 2, I patted myself on the back because my little James was potty trained before his 2nd birthday. He was so excited about the buzz stool, his buzz toilet seat and all the Buzz Lightyear stickers he'd receive when he went pee pee or poo poo in the toilet. Sad to say.......it was only for a month though. We went to visit my family in Canada and help my sister, yet I was not persistant with him and when we returned he was not potty trained anymore and he didn't want to have anything to do with it either.

So throughout his 2nd year of life I probably tried 4 other times. Tried with excitement, stickers, games, even candy. But he would not budge. Everyone told me that when he was ready he would just be ready. I didn't believe it because I knew he had already done it and could do it. So each time I tried, I felt like I was on his case and he just hated going to the toilet, it was a little fight I finally would just give up on and hope for results next time.

Well his 3rd Birthday was soon approching, and I kept on telling James that if he wanted his Dinosaur Birthday Party he would have to be Potty trained. I told him this as far back as July probably and he really showed no interest but talked continually about his Dino party.

Well it was a week before his birthday and like everyone said.... HE JUST GOT IT. It was so easy. I bought new dinosaur stickers and he was able to decorate a dinosaur picture. He was excited and I didn't even have to put up a fight with him. Sure he had accidents, but he would have them as he was running to the toilet, so he knew what was going on. So I am now a mother that totally believes the tale said by many mothers that When your little boy is ready to be potty trained he's ready. I would have not been so persistanton trying to get him to be potty trained if I knew it would have been this easy at the end.

I must admit, it is so great not having to change two diapers and having a little man that will actually take off his pullup in the morning and change into his own big boy underwear. That's a proud momma moment. As all you mothers out there may agree. Plus, Little his little bum is just so dang cute in his little undies too.

No comments: