Friday, December 19, 2008

6 weeks of pure love

Baby James hit the 6 week mark today. Time has flown by so fast and each day has just been so rewarding with our little bud. He brings so much excitement and love to our home. About 3 days ago he gave his first real smile. There were smiles before, but I think it was him just releasing gas. Now I am definate that he has really smiled because he seems to love when I talk in baby talk to him and stroke the side of his mouth. It is so much fun knowing that he is really recognizing his mommy. I have found that a great comfort to him is snuggling. When he is snuggling he also loves to grab my hair and just hold onto it. I have loved nursing him, even though he seems to get so impatient sometimes with the process of latching on. Bath times are a lot of fun. He loves sitting in the warm bath with me and seems to just relax. Yet the first few times he relaxed to the point of releasing an explosion and a waterfall. Almost everytime I change him he has a dirty diaper, I guess that is a good sign of him getting enough milk from me. James is still a big time cuddler and my favorite is when he clinches his little fists around my finger and closes his eyes. I am amazed at his strength. I remember the day he was born, he lifted his head only a tiny bit, yet now everytime we have tummy time or is wide awake he lifts his head with his strong neck and looks around.He is such a champ. The nick names he has aquired so far are big guy and my budz. I have loved being a stay at home mom, even though I do plan to go back to teaching part time (for 4 hours in the morning). I thought I would have a ton of time to get things done, yet I find time just goes by so fast and at the end of the day I think- What have I accomplished today? Well, I've fed him, changed him, bathed him and loved him. Then I do it again and again through out the day, with a bit of cleaning and maybe one or two things I had to do to make that day a little productive. I love my little budz though, he is everything to Josh and I. Life just wouldn't be filled with this true love that really does increase everyday I am with him. I love caring for him and being his Mommy, there is nothing to compare it to. We are now in Canada for the holidays and experiencing extreem temperatures. It has been 40 degrees below zero and there has been so much snow. Everytime we take James out, we make sure he is nice and cozy and bundle him up to the max. For the last week we have visited mom and dad in Raymond and are now in Calgary with my sister, Amber and her husband Brad. James is getting to know his Aunty Amber a lot more, yet her time has to go to her little baby dog too. Her pug seems jealous when she's holding him and just wants the attention. It's always great to return home and be with my family. This weekend and next week all of us, besides Stacy and Josh's family will be together. Love you Stacy and Josh and you will be missed.

No comments: