Friday, October 17, 2008

Maternity Shots

My cute little sister Amber is such an amazing photographer. She came down last weekend for my family shower and brought all her backgrouds and lights. I was really impressed with the shots she took. It was a lot of fun too. It was so funny, because during the majority of these, she kept on making me stick out my tummy. I love you Amber and thanks a ton for being so great. We are so excited to be a mommy and daddy!! During this photoshoot we almost got arrested. If you look at the picture where I am sitting infront of the brick wall, we only took like 8 different shots there and then moved. Yet we parked right next to that business building, which was in a back alley. Well, as we were taking pictures in another area we suddenly saw a bunch of cars arriving an blocking our car in. So we went over to where they were and they were Spanish speaking so we could barly communicate. The lady and husband were ticked. We told them what we were doing, yet they could not understand us. We hadn't done any harm so Amber got in the car and started to manover herself out. Then a big huge hummer blocked us in on another side. Amber did manage to get out, then I again explained myself to this guy who could speak english and we told him we were just taking pictures and did not touch anything of theirs. He said he would explain it to the ones inside. So we drove away thinking all was well. At home we hear a knock at the door and low and behold it is a cop. We could not believe it. So we explained everything and he said that they were thinking we went into their shed, which we didn't even touch. The cop took down my name and information and then said that some people just get very peranoid. That was our adventure of the photoshoot. I am now 36 weeks and am realizing that I could go into labor at anytime. Yet, I am not feeling close at all. I still feel great, but am realizing that this little guy inside of me wants more room. He is moving all the time and gets right under my ribs, which is not to comfortable. Another change I have been experiencing is how dang full I get when I eat. It bugs me, because I barely eat anything and my tummy just feels bloated, man I wish this happened normally, because I love food and sometimes eat to much. I guess he is just taking up all the room and leaving no room for food to come in. Lastly, sleeping is becoming a lot less comfortable, just cause my big tummy is in the way. I am constantly moving and making potty breaks every 3 hours in the middle of the night. Even with these changes, I am totally enjoying these moments of holding our little son inside of me. We just keep on counting down the days. I finally have a phone now, since the last one went missing, but I have lost all my numbers. Please email me at shannannielson@gmail.com so I can have your phone number again. Thanks!

8 comments:

Ashli Paynter said...

Shannan
Hi! you look so amazing in your photos! You are getting so close too! Its so exciting! I just can't wait for us to finally have our babies! Good luck with everything!

Cassie said...

Awesome pics! I love the last one with you in the shadows. It is so cute seeing your little belly get bigger...and bigger. I can't wait til you're a mom. The baby chats while we are with the YW really will never stop then.

Ashley Koz said...

Hey shannon, I saw your blog on lauras, I just started blogging. So I think you might be the hottest pregnant chick on the planet. I read your hypno birthing entree, I also did a natural non medicated bith with crew and I took a hypno birthing course. I definently could not have done it without the course. neway just thought Id drop by and say hey

Nehring Fun said...

dear shannan you will have a great time with Josh and you will have a great time with James. You will meet your great cousin Lilla Ana Nehring.And when Daddy is graduating I will come to your house and we will go to Disneyland. and you will meet Isabella and Lilli. Love Lilli

Mindi said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of you two in the field kissing! FAvorite! Amber is pretty darn good! Oh, and about the story, just something fun to write in James' baby book about the adventures you had before he was born!

Mike and Lisa said...

Hey Shannan! It's been a long time! I found your blog on your facebook page and I LOVE it!! You are such a cute pregnant lady! By the way, this is Lisa (Pack), we worked at Heritage together. I got married a little over a year ago and am actually expecting our first little boy too!! I think that's why I love reading your blog because I can totally relate! I'm due at Christmas time and I can't wait! Feel free to check out our blog at lisanmike.blogspot.com I don't keep up on it as well as you do but at least we can keep in touch a little! Anyway, good luck!!
Lisa Pack Lindquist

Brittany said...

you look amazing in your pics...not suprising!! Good luck with everything...being a mom is the best think in the whole world

the Lola Letters said...

Shannan! You are so beeee-autiful! These pics are artistic, and lovely, and wonderful! And CONGRATS on your new babeeeeeeee! You are such a champ! I knew you could go natural all the way! Kickin' some butt and takin' some names - that's our Shan! James is TRULY blessed to be yours.