Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Easter is such a great time to remember Jesus Christ's resurrestion. As I thought a lot about his resurrection I felt so loved and full of gratitude. Heavenly Father sacrificed his own son for us and as a symbol of his love, power and plan our father bought him back to life from the dead. I am so certain that Jesus lives and is there for us. This is a great time to give thanks and become even closer to our brother Jesus. I hope everyone was able to contemplate this great holiday and look beyond candy, gifts, easter eggs and all the glam. To often we get cought up in the festivities and forget the real reason, which is the most important.

Josh and I were very lucky this weekend as my mom and dad drove down from Canada and spent this holiday with us. We had a lot of fun together playing games, shopping, planting, talking but most of all just being together. I think it is so amazing how my parents travel all over the place to spend time with all of their children. It is a sacrifce of their time and money, yet it is their favorite thing to do. I feel blessed to have parents who make us a priority and treat us so well. We spent Sunday morning tie-dying Easter eggs and playing our new favorite board game- Ticket To Ride.

I told my mother that I really wanted to learn how to sew. Thus, my kind mother surprisingly bought me a sewing machine for my early birthday present. I was shocked and surprised. Wow, how nice is that. Well, I couldn't wait to get started so my first project was mending my husband and my jeans. I actually thought it was really fun. Thanks a million mom and dad for my very first sewing machine. It sews like a champ. I love it and I really plan on using it a ton.

Mom and I went shopping and I found some great material that I am going to make a blanket out of. I am hoping it will be as easy as she told me. As you can see I picked out our favorite colors; browns, tan, white, and cream. So here I go, I am trying to do an easier project first so I don't get discouraged and hate it. I think sewing will be a stress reliever and relaxer. I really look forward to learning more.

Our friends from the word gave us tickets to the Collective Soul concert that was at Energy Solutions in Salt Lake, last Thursday. There was a great comedian that started out the whole concert and he had everyone rolling on the floor. I have never seen Josh laugh so much. We had a good time. Thanks a lot Dave and Reesa for the great night.

7 comments:

JethRobyn said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you got to hang out with your mom, she is beautiful, so are you!! Good job for the sewing, I gave myself two goals this next month, #1 figure out how to make homemade bread, and learn to sew something. You can give me instructions on the sewing :).

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannan, I was just checking out your blog and I saw the paterns and color you chose for sewing something and I think you need some color in your life!!hahaha!! seriously, here's some help go to www.tonicliving.com they've got great fabric for curtains, baby blankets, quilts etc. Not that the colors you chose are nasty, I just remember you being a little more shall we say colorful??? lol

Love the blog shan and I hope your doing Fantastic :)

chantelle

Stefanie said...

Hey Shannan, check your facebook I wrote on your wall. I Should have just wrote here but forgot about it till after I did the facebook thing.

Mindi said...

Hey! You will love sewing! My mom and dad bought me a machine for our wedding...I love making rag quilts...time-consuming, but so cute! I have a picture of the one I made Jack on my blog in the "Mindi Crafts" section in the links!

Amber and Brad said...

wow I wish I was there

Jeff said...

Shannan! whats up! I recently set up a blog page and remembered you have one too. Can I just tell you how gorgeous you are in all your pictures?! You and your hubbie are so cute together. Check out my blog if you have time... jenniejeff.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

Hey-- Our blog is going private. Will you please email me so I can send you an invite? Thanks. aliciacarter06@gmail.com